Sold my Duramax

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I got it. My good buddy Jason went out of his way to pick me up and get my ass to the dealer. I will post picture tom orrow. Jason took some pictures with his phone and is welcome to put them up.
The truck is very quiet. It has power but remember my old truck was an animal so this truck did not l\knock my socks off. The trans strategy is way different and it seems to go into lock up ( TCC ) very quickly which tends to loaf the engine at cruise. I can see better mileage and cooler trans temps coming. Trans cooler is the same as LMM with fittings in a different place. Torue converter is tighter. Trans shifts better. I have only driven it 20 some odd miles so this is all have come up with. Truck feels cheaper but the frame and suspension are way better. Truck handles better ( Z71 ) Less twitchy than my '04. It pulls 6th gear stronger than an LMM or LBZ. More to come when I drive it some more tomorrow.
Bottom line is I like this truck so far.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Mike if you want to get some good picks of the truck or anything let me know. I'll bring my 15meg DSLR.
:drool:
Looks like it's going to be a silver CCSB 4X4 Tom. I will post pictures when I pick it up. I am having them take off the camper mirrors today.
:drool::drool::drool:
Bottom line is I like this truck so far.
Keep us updated, some of us (me) are living vicariously through those of you who can afford the new ones!

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
Is there an over/under bet going yet on when Mike starts tearing his his new girl apart to see whats up her skirt......:thumb: :hug:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I say Monday the truck is ripped apart:thumb:

Nick the pressure gauge goes on first for a few days to see what is going on. Don't know if my latest updated Tech 2 will give me any info yet. Robert probably knows.

Robert thanks for your help and as usual the service at MK Smith Chev is the best wether it be service, sales, or workmanship.:thumb:

WiggyHD

Sep 7, 2009
Mena, Arkansas
Congrats on the truck! We did a test drive a few days ago, but we are still thinking. Now, I can use your experience!

Mark

Ok these should be better

2.jpg

I'm confused. Your profile thing says Kansas City MO, but the pictures are from Elkton MD. One of my best friends from High School is the internet guy for Williams Chevrolet right next door. Same owners. Good people there.

Mark

Last edited:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I'm confused. Your profile thing says Kansas City MO, but the pictures are from Elkton MD. One of my best friends from High School is the internet guy for Williams Chevrolet right next door. Same owners. Good people there.

Mark

Henry is our resident wandering gypsy. :hug::D

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Congrats on the truck! We did a test drive a few days ago, but we are still thinking. Now, I can use your experience!

Mark

Mark
I was born a raised in md went to Elkton High and lived in Fair Hill. I worked at Williams and Gm paid me while I was in the job bank for awhile. My family has always bought from Barry and Frank. I was back home in Md for the last 2 weeks thought I would take some pics of a truck Mike would like I could of hauled back for him lol. I got moved to KcMo last year after they closed are plant in Wilmington De.

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I got it. My good buddy Jason went out of his way to pick me up and get my ass to the dealer. I will post picture tom orrow.

can't wait to check it out when I get down there this week. Maybe I can take it for a test drive for a few hours when I'm there....:hug:
haha jk Mike, congrats!!

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
Nick the pressure gauge goes on first for a few days to see what is going on. Don't know if my latest updated Tech 2 will give me any info yet. Robert probably knows.

Robert thanks for your help and as usual the service at MK Smith Chev is the best wether it be service, sales, or workmanship.:thumb:

Hey thanks a lot Mike, We dont do anything special down here we struggle to get it right but we try! If you have all the current updates to your tech 2 you should be just fine, the trucks arent MDI only yet.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

but what about your warrenty!?! lol

think im gunna have to go test drive one of these new babys. Wont be sellin the 02 but a rc '11 would be a nice DD :D

Last edited:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
thumb:

Mike have you every had any trouble with your Candi Module on your Tech 2? And did how long ago did you upgrade your Tech 2? Ben Canty said a lot of the Candi modules are garbage, I think ours is messing up.

Last edited:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Mike have you every had any trouble with your Candi Module on your Tech 2? And did how long ago did you upgrade your Tech 2? Ben Canty said a lot of the Candi modules are garbage, I think ours is messing up.

Ken
Every once in a while I have comunication problems with the Candi module. Never know when it's going to happen. I just keep trying to restart it and it will come back in buts and pieces of info. I allways thought it was just mine.