So this happened...

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
Ain't it time to mount the winter wheels anyways? If you moved down here you'd only have to own one set.:hug:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Looks like it broke off the end of the lug nut. Is the splined part not long enough to still get some engagement with the tool?

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I seen it after I posted, that blows. Worse comes to worse, pull the brake bolts, axle and pull the whole hub off and grind the back side of the stud off.

Can you get a small die grinder in there and make the grooves longer to get you tool on it?

CentolaCCSB

It will probably break
Nov 2, 2015
Mass
I seen it after I posted, that blows. Worse comes to worse, pull the brake bolts, axle and pull the whole hub off and grind the back side of the stud off.

Can you get a small die grinder in there and make the grooves longer to get you tool on it?

Thats my worst case scenario plan, i managed to pound on a 19mm socket. Figures it was the last lug nut to take off and that happened. Also broke the spline socket aswell

CentolaCCSB

It will probably break
Nov 2, 2015
Mass
Going away for the weekend in a few hours and i need a bigger air gun to brap it off so its on hold till sunday

CentolaCCSB

It will probably break
Nov 2, 2015
Mass
Anyone recommend a quality set of the spline lug nuts for when the wheels go back on? Dont want this to happen again

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I just have regular lug nuts and a gorilla lock nut on each wheel.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I have gorillas, but alway use anti seize too. To tell you the truth after seeing this I have though of putting the stock ones back on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

CentolaCCSB

It will probably break
Nov 2, 2015
Mass
Yeah definitely a nightmare and i havent had time yet to try and get the broke one off. Ill give it a shot around 7. Im not even sure if stock lug nuts will fit

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yeah definitely a nightmare and i havent had time yet to try and get the broke one off. Ill give it a shot around 7. Im not even sure if stock lug nuts will fit

Don't use stock lug nuts. They use a different taper and doubt they will fit in there.

Get a set of 19mm ones, they should fit just fine. 21mm might be tight unless you use a thin wall socket

CentolaCCSB

It will probably break
Nov 2, 2015
Mass
Don't use stock lug nuts. They use a different taper and doubt they will fit in there.

Get a set of 19mm ones, they should fit just fine. 21mm might be tight unless you use a thin wall socket

Alright, any place in mind u would trust to use?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Lucky you got it off that easy. So what brand where they or do you know?

CentolaCCSB

It will probably break
Nov 2, 2015
Mass
Lucky you got it off that easy. So what brand where they or do you know?

I have no idea what brand they were, when i bought them from a shop buy my house they had some that i needed in stock. Im sure it was so cheapo brand obviously

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I did mean standard lug nuts definitely not the stock ones. I've got 19mm and they hold up fine.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk