Snowmageddon!

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
The news says we got 30 inches so far. and its not supposed to stop til tomorrow. Not a good winter to be without a truck! :(

403turbo

<--It's whats for dinner!
Aug 3, 2009
DPRNY
Yeah I lived in the Rachacha area for 10 years, worked halfway to Syracuse. I quickly realized that if the wind blew.....it snowed. 6 inches was a "dusting". 30 inches is snow...but really for most folks it's a two day PITA and then everybody adapts. The roads get cleared, construction companies switch from moving earth to moving snow for retail stores and it all gets taken care of pretty quick. Kind of amazing.

I think DC got the same snow and pretty much just waited for it to melt in a lot of the city. :thumb: The schools didn't open for a week....

I was on a business trip in Baton Rouge one winter, they got like an inch and it shut the town down for the day! Closed the bridges over the river and that was it. They had dozens of fender benders... It's all what your used to and setup to handle.

30 inches is snow in just about anybodies book.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
sunny with less than an inch in meriden ct....... winter storm warning and schools, banks, etc closed 20 miles away........ freaky weather.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Too bad about the snow for you guys. Your areas just arent prepared for that kind of accumulation.

I kinda wish we had more. Got upwards of 12" this week, on and off. About 15" on the ground in most spots.

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
As if being surrounded down here by Salt water wasent bad enough added to the mass Salt they're laying on the roads my truck will be completely oxidized away in 2 years lol

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
we got ~4" throughout hte day... alll dry poweder... the 20-30mph winds is makeing a mess of things.... been coming out of hte west to NW for the last week

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
56" in last 72 hours. 8"-12" more by tomorrow noontime.

That is snow.
I could live just 30" In the week after Christmas we got almost 60". Does hardly make the news because those of us luck to live in the Lake Effect ares are used to it.

We got 14" last night. Heavy dusting. :thumb:

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
That is snow.
I could live just 30" In the week after Christmas we got almost 60". Does hardly make the news because those of us luck to live in the Lake Effect ares are used to it.

We got 14" last night. Heavy dusting. :thumb:

I must say you guys gotta have some pretty legit roofs up there cause just the 28" of wet stuff down here gave a lot of people problems

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
I must say you guys gotta have some pretty legit roofs up there cause just the 28" of wet stuff down here gave a lot of people problems

Most of are snow is not very wet. Hard to be wet when your high barely brakes 20*. But slope is your friend. Not may low slope roofs around here.