single or dual?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Shall we add that the duals are fake! Unless you have twin paralell turbos there is no need for duals. Nothing wrong with them, just that they are for show.

I'm all about go not show....just the way we roll around here:D

agreed, and its alot more money for the duals too. but you cant bash people for doing things to there own truck, if they want duals than its up to them. but i do see the point your trying to make

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
A stack serves it purpose to get the exhaust out of the truck, and it keeps many tracks and pulling orgs happy. Dual stacks are the same a duals out the back - it's somewhat for show, but still keeps tracks and orgs happy.

I agree with TurboBuick that dual tips on any vehicle (gas or diesel) that come from a splitter are fake and don't do anything - they are just for show. If you have true duals front to back then it's really there to serve a purpose. Not knocking you for wanting the "show" of duals though - my 6" polished tip on the end of a 5" exhaust is just as much for show as duals are, so to me it is merely preference as long as performance is the same. If your dual kit flows less than the same size single kit from that brand you may want to rethink it though.

B-Dawg2

May 4, 2008
Utah
I have a dual setup from pinnacle exhaust. I think they look pretty good, but that is probably about all there good for. The thing was a pain in the butt to get it to fit right, alot of custom fab.

Bluemax

???????????
Sep 25, 2006
Missouri
Shall we add that the duals are fake! Unless you have twin paralell turbos there is no need for duals. Nothing wrong with them, just that they are for show.

I'm all about go not show....just the way we roll around here:D

Well with the exception of a very select few there are NO true dual pipes on anything made in the last ten or so years, but depending on the rest of the car/truck they can make it look better or worse, for example, I can think of a lot of things that look a lot better with duals. I see an awful lot of trucks on the road everyday, and a good looking set of dual 8" stacks makes one truck and absolutely breaks the truck right behind it. It all depends on the rest of the vehicle. ;):D

And on your last part...around here we're all about show and go... people say we looked awful good on the way by...:p :D

Last edited:

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I am running the Flo Pro 4" duals. I wanted to switch back to a single for the longest time, because the fit on these duals isn't so good. But I personally like the look of duals on my truck, plus they hold a centimental value. This summer I plan on ripping them off and reinstalling them a bit better. :)

Bluemax

???????????
Sep 25, 2006
Missouri
A stack serves it purpose to get the exhaust out of the truck, and it keeps many tracks and pulling orgs happy. Dual stacks are the same a duals out the back - it's somewhat for show, but still keeps tracks and orgs happy.

I agree with TurboBuick that dual tips on any vehicle (gas or diesel) that come from a splitter are fake and don't do anything - they are just for show. If you have true duals front to back then it's really there to serve a purpose. Not knocking you for wanting the "show" of duals though - my 6" polished tip on the end of a 5" exhaust is just as much for show as duals are, so to me it is merely preference as long as performance is the same. If your dual kit flows less than the same size single kit from that brand you may want to rethink it though.

Not poking at you or anyone else, but the way you said that made me think of a funny way of stating my thoughts on the duals looking right...:D
Some say it's all for looks so they're a waste, would you guys drive around with one 06 tow mirror and one little 02 power fold? How bout fender flairs on one side and not on the other? Maybe chrome wheels on one side, black on the other? None of these change the performance any, but the just look silly to some people....Ok so the big mirror might catch a little more air...but still !!!! :D:D:D