Shudder in reverse

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
What can I check on the t case? Truck has 260 on it with original transfer to my knowledge

I should probably mention its an Lmm with a gmax kit I installed about 20k ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i honestly couldnt give you the best place to start looking without being there but generally the worn snap ring groove in the rear case half, shift forks, or a damaged tone ring can cause weird stuff to happen like your talking about. dont take what im telling you to heart though. this isnt something easy to point at over the net

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
i honestly couldnt give you the best place to start looking without being there but generally the worn snap ring groove in the rear case half, shift forks, or a damaged tone ring can cause weird stuff to happen like your talking about.

Thanks, I appreciate any help I can get.

I'll check it out when I get it back on the lift. I checked the output and it didn't seem like it was loose but I could have missed something.

Yea I know what you mean on online diagnosis lol. I'm just kinda at a loss of ideas since I've never been down this road on one. From the reading I've done it sounds like a apply piston seal problem, I just want to be sure before I pull the trans and tear it apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ramrod8

Aug 6, 2021
Has anyone been able to figure this out?
I got into a race yesterday and pushed her a little hard and now I get that weird vibration in reverse.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Has anyone been able to figure this out?
I got into a race yesterday and pushed her a little hard and now I get that weird vibration in reverse.

my issue would not cause a weird vibration in reverse. you have something else going on.