Shock Length With 3" Belltech Shackles and Lowered T Bars?

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
I have 3" shackles, removed overloads, and the stock length rancho 9000's.

It definitely needs a shrter shock out back!!!!

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
i dont think they are too long... i just installed rancho rs 9000 part# RS999274, i have my helper leaf removed and Rr drop shackles and they work great!

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
So with a 2" drop in the back the stock length shocks are too long?

I don't have 2" of drop!! I have 3" shackles and I removed the overload which equates to 4" total drop.

Ryan, I have that same shock. And only about 3" or so of the shock shaft shows. There is no way this can be optimal, as it's already in a compressed state.

Don't get me wrong, the ride is not terrible, I just think it could be better with a shock that is shorter than stock length. I want to try the djm calmax shocks, but haven't pulled the trigger yet!!

dbenenh0

May 17, 2009
Midland, NC
Don't get me wrong, the ride is not terrible, I just think it could be better with a shock that is shorter than stock length. I want to try the djm calmax shocks, but haven't pulled the trigger yet!!

My ride isn't great. Anytime you hit a bump it feel like the frame hitting the axle. I have to go so slow over speed bumps its not even funny. Idk what to do about it right now :confused:

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
I don't have 2" of drop!! I have 3" shackles and I removed the overload which equates to 4" total drop.

Ryan, I have that same shock. And only about 3" or so of the shock shaft shows. There is no way this can be optimal, as it's already in a compressed state.

You don't actually have full 4" of drop out back. With shackles you are only lowering one side of the leaf pack. So say a 3" shackle out back will only truly lower your ass end 1.5-2" Max. Then with the overloads out probably another 3/4" so you may be close to a full 3" drop. In order to get a 4" of drop you will A. Have to take more leafs out. Or B. get 2" drop hangers for the other side of the leaf pack. Which would be the right way to lower the leaf pack. Right now you probably have almost 3" of drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Think I may try the DJM shocks. If/when I do, I'll report back!!:thumb:

hears some pretty bad stories about them....

Ride sucks, don't last very long...

i think you would be better suited in measuring eye to eye and finding a good replacement shock..

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I got an extended shock mount from lmc truck(I think) for the rear. I thought they came in pairs but it was only one single extender. I don't know how much it adds but it could b an option for the guys with more drop in the rear. I will dig it up and get a part number.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Extender should be for drivers side iirc. Passenger shock has less travel than drivers so it doesnt bottom out as easily.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL