Shock Length With 3" Belltech Shackles and Lowered T Bars?

rms2012

Dec 7, 2011
Phoenix
Hey Brian,

Just put the stock keys back in Saturday - down 2 inches or so.

Ordered Belltech 6403's today from a Phoenix shop ($112.00 out the door) - be here Friday.

Now, if I can just ditch the camper shell . . . :rolleyes:

Rancho has a deal on shocks - till June 30th.

Should I order all four & replace the 5100's up front . . . or just order two for the rear?:confused:

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Personally, I had my old 06lly lowered with 3" drop shackles and lowered torsion keys. The bilsteins were to stiff and felt like they were bottomin out. These were 5100's as well. I am doin ranches this time around as I have heard lots of good things! And for crazy crew, maybe you do have the much of a drop. But I always have heard you have to lower both sides of leaf pack to get a full drop. Maybe I'm the wrong one lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
i have the 3" low shackles on mine also but when hauling a heavy load, can i fit airbags underneath now that its lowered?
No, not enough frame to axle tube clearance. you can pick up a set of 1500 airbags and weld a bracket from the frame to the leaf springs though, seen it done.

Hey Brian,

Just put the stock keys back in Saturday - down 2 inches or so.

Ordered Belltech 6403's today from a Phoenix shop ($112.00 out the door) - be here Friday.

Now, if I can just ditch the camper shell . . . :rolleyes:

Rancho has a deal on shocks - till June 30th.

Should I order all four & replace the 5100's up front . . . or just order two for the rear?:confused:

PM me which shop, I need a set, my gmc looks goofy. I would leave the fronts and just get the rears, but you might be bottoming out the shock though... I would measure from the mounting points on the frame and axle tube before you buy. I know my LBZ had KYB shocks on it but dont remember the numbers...

But I always have heard you have to lower both sides of leaf pack to get a full drop.

You dont have to, but once you add a shackle, the leafs tend to bend, "idealy" you should lower both parts the same amount to be equal. I had 2" drop hangers, 5.5" shackles and only 2 leafs in the back on my LBZ. Rode like a dream when it wasnt hitting the axle tubes. Ihave similar plans for my GMC... "4wd is lower than your dropped 2wd" :D

rms2012

Dec 7, 2011
Phoenix
^^^

After checking out different shocks today, it looks like the KYB #565103 is almost 3 inches shorter than the oem rear shock. They have a little over 8 inches of travel. So, I'll grab a couple to put on when the 3" Belltechs are installed. They're a little over $60.00 apiece shipped.

Bilstein Warranty sent me new synthetic bushings for my 5100's and they seem to be okay for now. I'm back to stock height, but may have to go lower to level it with the new shackles.:confused:

Perhaps new Ranchos should go on the front.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
I am running said kyb shocks as above, there in the rear of the truck, I also run rancho 9000's in the front. The kyb's are nice and make or a softer ride, not to much bounce either! Great for non adjustable shocks for cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk