Seriously?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Guess whoever it was that did that needed gasket material, the air freshener all he was able to find that might work, and he didnt have any scissors handy to trim it down??

--- or he wanted his engine to breathe freshened air so it would run sweeter? :hehe:

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Jim, Ive been wondering something about this thread....

Where in the world do you work that you continue to find half-ass repairs like this?
Its been two years and you continue to come up with new and innovative "WTFs?!?".

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Jim, Ive been wondering something about this thread....

Where in the world do you work that you continue to find half-ass repairs like this?
Its been two years and you continue to come up with new and innovative "WTFs?!?".
I should have cleared this up long time ago Tom. Lol. My name is Isaac Griffith. I actually put it in my signature when you called me Jim a while ago. It's no problem. My forum name came from back when I had my 04 lly. Instead of calling it a g m c, I jokingly pronounced it Jim -C. Bad idea to use it as a screen name in hindsight.

I am the mechanic at our family owned used truck dealership.

https://m.facebook.com/griffithautosales/

www.griffithautosales.com

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Oh geezus, I knew that. :roflmao: My apologies. Damn old brain.....

Ya know, we can fix that username thing....;)

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
What doesn't belong in this picture
e4ebe8d180d4e9462863a9b2ab3f1c50.jpg

That's a good one... Lol..

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
What doesn't belong in this picture
e4ebe8d180d4e9462863a9b2ab3f1c50.jpg

I am going to go with the mechanic was a bit old school. Why buy gasket material when a kellogg's box will work. Broke down on the side of the road, freezing cold (or hotter than h*!!) and the only thing readily available is that little Christmas tree hanging from he rear view mirror. Cut a crude hole in it, slap it in place, and forget about it until you open the hood to check the oil or probably change it in that case. Then you remember that you don't have the proper o-ring for it and think I will pick up one during the week. This leads to the ground hod day syndrome where it never gets fixed b/c you never have the o-ring needed and forget about it during the week. At some point it becomes comic and if it ant broke don't mess with it.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Maybe its an old mechanics trick to "freshen" up the engine, getting it ready for sell. Or maybe a better way to pass smog in California :roflmao: