s366 safe for my truck?

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
well as of right now my truck is in the shop with a broken crank and i was thinking of building the motor but then theres no way i could afford a turbo in the future for a few years since last october i spent alot on a headgasket project with new injectors, headstuds an that jazz... but what my question is will i be ok to run a II silver bullet 366 with my 40% injectors?? i can get a real sweet deal i cant really pass up on.. i know tuning has a big part i just dont want my bottom end to go.. my goal is just to have a 500 hp daily driver with a max effort tune to hit 600... i know 600-650 is pushing my luck.. is this a safe idea or is it just a waste of time??

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
if your crank is shot are you then buying a complete used motor to drop in?

no im just fixing it the whole top end should be good... motor comes out this week... i think its broke out on the end by the balencer.. it still runs fine but the balencer wobbles while its running and it doesnt spin in sync with the flywheel when you spin it by hand...

graystonelbz

Jul 20, 2007
Prior Lake,MN
it seems kinda strange that you would be disassembling the entire bottom end of the motor and only plan on replacing the crank. Now would be the time to build it and worry about the turbo later. Just my opinion for the labor involved in yanking the motor and taking it apart.

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
it wouldnt be so bad if i didnt drop 6500 in it back in oct.. and ive been laid off all winter so its a pain to even swing this... id love to throw some rods in it an be done...i got a budget of 10,000 if i need it but i dont want to spend that much if i dont have to...

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I personally think you should put the turbo on hold even though its a good deal and do what you have to do to get a set of rods. Have a yard sale, sell a kidney or something:D

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
well its either a turbo or rods...i wish i could do both... i could swing it all if i dumped my rzr 900 but that isnt happening!!!!

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
well odometer says 155,000 but i had a vin check done an there was a motor replacement at 28,000 from the dealer so i dont know for sure if its 155 or like 127...

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
First thing will be to have block checked after cranks pulled if it did bust it. Then get the mains cleaned up if all checks out fine with the block if no little hair line cracks.

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
First thing will be to have block checked after cranks pulled if it did bust it. Then get the mains cleaned up if all checks out fine with the block if no little hair line cracks.

thats the plan.... if it all checks out good ill probly end up building the motor... an forget the turbo for now..

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
At least do LBZ rods and delipped LB7 pistons, key the crank and cam.
X2, can be had on the cheap and much more durable than stock LB7 parts

Yes, you're gonna have to see what's what before you know where and what to start with

You'll be just fine. I run one on a stock motor with built trans and put my truck at a 12.6 last year and she's still running strong.
You also have an LBZ, o.p has an LB7, so 600 HP is outta feasible, safe reach on LB7 parts...

I would sell your rzr, you can get another one later, your truck hauls it around anyways, doesn't it? And the truck is broken right now and there is not going to be a better time to build your engine up than right now, do it once, and do it right....tough decisions, I wouldn't want to be in your position right now, but I have been there;) I had to sell several things that were important to me that I had worked and saved for to pull off upgrading parts on my truck when work was being done, just Cuz it was not cost effective to not do it, ya know? Jut my opinion man, rock and a hard spot, not a fun place to be, on the bright side, if you do take it to the next level, I doubt looking back you will regret it, ever:cool:
:thumb:

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
I would sell your rzr, you can get another one later, your truck hauls it around anyways, doesn't it? And the truck is broken right now and there is not going to be a better time to build your engine up than right now, do it once, and do it right....tough decisions, I wouldn't want to be in your position right now, but I have been there;) I had to sell several things that were important to me that I had worked and saved for to pull off upgrading parts on my truck when work was being done, just Cuz it was not cost effective to not do it, ya know? Jut my opinion man, rock and a hard spot, not a fun place to be, on the bright side, if you do take it to the next level, I doubt looking back you will regret it, ever:cool:
:thumb:[/QUOTE]

i totally hate decisions like this... but i think im goin to see about building it an then its done... i looked into a budget build but if im doing it im doing it right or not at all... as for the rzr im going to see what i can do to keep it!! i use it to much... i put 1800 miles on it in a year...

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
X2, can be had on the cheap and much more durable than stock LB7 parts

Yes, you're gonna have to see what's what before you know where and what to start with

You also have an LBZ, o.p has an LB7, so 600 HP is outta feasible, safe reach on LB7 parts...

:thumb:[/QUOTE

Yeah as I agree with you he's also taking the motor out and going through it and as it sounds now it will be in a better fashion to handle the power in that range. And besides if down the road he wants to twin it he's already at a good start with the 366.