s366 safe for my truck?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Wow, thats quite a bit:thumb: that's a lot of fun to give up, among other things. Take your time if you can, figuring it out n all, but like I said, there probably won't be a better time, or more cost efficient time to do it, than now. Not an easy decision fer sure, not easy to come up with the funds either way, BUT, having a built Duramax is something that few people have, so it puts you into a different category of cool, and fun....

Sounds like you are creating a plan of attack and know what you really want....:hug:

Good luck buddy

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I will probably get flamed hard for this, but I have to say it:

Dont listen to people who tell you 600-650rwhp will be safe on stock LB7 bottom. I dont care if God Himself tuned your truck, the tq that goes with that much hp will turn those rods into pretzels pretty quick. Then what was the point of doing all that work when you have to do it all again? LBZ low end can take a bit more, but not that much more. Sure, there are exceptions....but they are few and far between.

The guys who think they can run that much power on stock bottoms are completely fooling themselves and giving extremely bad info to those who dont know it yet.

Build the engine first. Rods are your #1 priority.

Last edited:

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I am in your same boat. If you are wanting 366, just buy a off the shelf BW S366,T4 pedestal, and ATS 4in downpipe. I did LBZ rod for my build and I am hoping for 550-600. Do you know how much power you were making with the 40 overs?

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
thanks for all the help guys im glad i posted on here asking before i went in the wrong direction id rather have a built motor than one id always have to worry bout sending to much power to an having to rebuild it again!! just might take a little longer for the turbo but oh well...

maxx it out-- no i dont know i only had them in for 4000 miles... an with the awesome weather up here in mn i try not to beat on her or test the limits in the winter