S366 questions

Ladyliberty24

Poor College Student!
Feb 10, 2011
Ojai,CA
I recently bought a bullseye s366 off a guy over at df I believe hes here Aswell. But had a few questions. Im Goin to have to have it rebuilt so was curious if I should have bullseye do anything else to it while they have it. The specs on it are S366 66/73/.91ar T4*pedestal. My end goal is to maybe just hit 600 hoping my rods don't bend but mainly will be looking to cool down egts on a strong 500hp tune. Will a off the shelf 366 wit cast wheel be just fine? I would like to optimize spool up so I was curious if having a billet wheel put in would really be worth the money or if I could even possibly have a 64mm comp wheel put in if that's even possible? Having a stock ihi has left me to desire more turbo whistle so the more the better Aswell.

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
I have the Industrial Injection S366 Silver bullet, though I haven't been able to get the most out of it yet, it did make 523/1084 on a DynoJet dyno, my exhaust was around 14-1500 max. I have an 01 LB7 with stock injectors, stock CP3 (LBZ FPR).

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I thought it was 66/74/16?

And to the op justin will make a good bit more after he gets the gremlins out of his truck.Poor guy has been fighting an on going problem and cant get the truck to run right.

Ladyliberty24

Poor College Student!
Feb 10, 2011
Ojai,CA
I'm thinking either going with a billet replacement when they rebuild it. Will that help spool up quite a bit? I would like close to stock of not quicker. I also was talking with them about exchanging out for a 64mm comp wheel would that be to small for what I want? And it's non gates so I'm thinkin with a smallercomp wheel I'll prpb need to gate it? Does anyone run single s364 everything I find seems to be on using them in twins.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I believe Trent has done some S364 testing with good results. You could give him a call.

I think you'd be better off leaving it with a 66 wheel. I've never seen a post by Justin or Scott about lack of spool up.

If you were going to do all this work you may want to consider just getting a II366 that's already waste gated and order it with a billet wheel, you can get them with different wheels, 64, 62. It's a pretty good price for the whole kit. Just something to look at when you start planning on doing all this work, things add up fast if you're not careful.

I know someone that will take the turbo off your hands:rolleyes:

Yellowchevy

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I'm thinking either going with a billet replacement when they rebuild it. Will that help spool up quite a bit? I would like close to stock of not quicker. I also was talking with them about exchanging out for a 64mm comp wheel would that be to small for what I want? And it's non gates so I'm thinkin with a smallercomp wheel I'll prpb need to gate it? Does anyone run single s364 everything I find seems to be on using them in twins.
just run the 66 wheel it will be fine.You know Russ yellowChevy had the phone in his hand dialing Eric when i had to tell him i talked to the guy that bought it :spit:

I believe Trent has done some S364 testing with good results. You could give him a call.

I think you'd be better off leaving it with a 66 wheel. I've never seen a post by Justin or Scott about lack of spool up.

If you were going to do all this work you may want to consider just getting a II366 that's already waste gated and order it with a billet wheel, you can get them with different wheels, 64, 62. It's a pretty good price for the whole kit. Just something to look at when you start planning on doing all this work, things add up fast if you're not careful.

I know someone that will take the turbo off your hands:rolleyes:

Yellowchevy
:roflmao:

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
just run the 66 wheel it will be fine.You know Russ yellowChevy had the phone in his hand dialing Eric when i had to tell him i talked to the guy that bought it :spit:

:roflmao:

Sorry of my life, haha

"Spool up was great when it ran good."
There's your proof, you'll be fine.

Now get that thing rebuild and installed before I get more depressed, haha.:eek:

Yellowchevy

Ladyliberty24

Poor College Student!
Feb 10, 2011
Ojai,CA
Hahaha sorry man! I knew I needed to jump on it when I saw it! I think I'm gonna have them put in a billet wheel when I get it rebuilt. Think i getting a pedestal within the next week or so then rebuild! I'll let ya know If I end up lookin to part with it my friend!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The problem with a non gated housing is they are usually larger which hurts spool up but flows more on the top end. I think you would be happier with a gated stainless exhaust housing. :2cents:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
You will be fine with the. 91 non gate. The 16cm stainless gated housing is t3 and is actually more like a. 95 at housing. I have had both.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
During the install of my twins. I noticed my stock charge had shaft play, up & down and side to side. Don't want to put another vvt in the valley. I found a good deal on a new II366. Then going to twin over it with my 475.

Could I run the 366 with a gated housing, non gated pedestal and not run into any problems?

Looking at a 5 1/2" pedestal non gated. Should I look for a shorter one to help with spool? Or it doesn't matter since its getting twinned over?

If running a 366. Could I still run my 475 over it? Or do I need to get a 480 house and wheel?

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
During the install of my twins. I noticed my stock charge had shaft play, up & down and side to side. Don't want to put another vvt in the valley. I found a good deal on a new II366. Then going to twin over it with my 475.

Could I run the 366 with a gated housing, non gated pedestal and not run into any problems?

Looking at a 5 1/2" pedestal non gated. Should I look for a shorter one to help with spool? Or it doesn't matter since its getting twinned over?

If running a 366. Could I still run my 475 over it? Or do I need to get a 480 house and wheel?

It will have some shaft play. My IHI that I put new bearings in has some but very little. How much are you getting?

I'm not very turbo knowledgeable about but I would think you'd be able to do that; someone smarter than myself should respond.

If I remember right the II366 comes with a gated housing and non gated pedestal. Not sure about pedestal height in how it affects spool so I'm no help there.

Yellowchevy

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
It will have some shaft play. My IHI that I put new bearings in has some but very little. How much are you getting?

I'm not very turbo knowledgeable about but I would think you'd be able to do that; someone smarter than myself should respond.

If I remember right the II366 comes with a gated housing and non gated pedestal. Not sure about pedestal height in how it affects spool so I'm no help there.

Yellowchevy
the II 366 is internally gated i believe and uses a standard ped and the ped is more like a t 3 1/2 its larger then a 3 but not as big as the 4 or so ive been told.

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
Just bought a billet wheel 366 from Trent and its bad to the bone! Spools good and tows awesome. Pulled my bass boat up to Ontario on a fishing trip last month and I was pleased with its performance. A smidge tighter exhaust housing would be a bit helpful when towing larger loads I think.