S366 questions

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
It will have some shaft play. My IHI that I put new bearings in has some but very little. How much are you getting?

I'm not very turbo knowledgeable about but I would think you'd be able to do that; someone smarter than myself should respond.

If I remember right the II366 comes with a gated housing and non gated pedestal. Not sure about pedestal height in how it affects spool so I'm no help there.

Yellowchevy

Not sure how much exactly. Maybe not quite 1/8", but I know it's not good.

the II 366 is internally gated i believe and uses a standard ped and the ped is more like a t 3 1/2 its larger then a 3 but not as big as the 4 or so ive been told.

Cool

Just bought a billet wheel 366 from Trent and its bad to the bone! Spools good and tows awesome. Pulled my bass boat up to Ontario on a fishing trip last month and I was pleased with its performance. A smidge tighter exhaust housing would be a bit helpful when towing larger loads I think.

Good to know

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Here is a video of my truck.... Standard cast S366, non gated with the .91 twin scroll t4. This was filmed outside of Cripple Creek, CO ...9500ft elevation! You can see it whistles nicely without even being on the throttle... when you step into it, it just get's louder :D And since I have a hood stack you can see it's not a smokey pig even at high elevation (of course tuning plays a roll in this, and it took some time to get it right).

[YOUTUBE]_1qAH4M3_GM[/YOUTUBE]
*watch in HD for better sound too

Truck also went 12.61 at 5800ft elevation without throwing that much fuel at it (stock trans internally). It's a great charger all around :thumb: (Spools good enough to tow, makes enough power to destroy a stock engine, and is one of the most affordable chargers out there) Personally I wouldn't go any smaller than the .91 housing either (the 14cm is smaller)...

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Here is a video of my truck.... Standard cast S366, non gated with the .91 twin scroll t4. This was filmed outside of Cripple Creek, CO ...9500ft elevation! You can see it whistles nicely without even being on the throttle... when you step into it, it just get's louder :D And since I have a hood stack you can see it's not a smokey pig even at high elevation (of course tuning plays a roll in this, and it took some time to get it right).

Truck also went 12.61 at 5800ft elevation without throwing that much fuel at it (stock trans internally). It's a great charger all around :thumb: (Spools good enough to tow, makes enough power to destroy a stock engine, and is one of the most affordable chargers out there) Personally I wouldn't go any smaller than the .91 housing either (the 14cm is smaller)...

Charger sounds good! Good info even at elevation.

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island

Sounds awesome!!! :thumb: