Round 2 begins this week !

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Well tested some stuff on the tow truck tonight that may just cure one of the main problems with the truck thats been hurting me since last year and should greatly improve the 330 ft and hopefully get me into 5 sec range in the 1/8 ( current best 6.3 ish ) I will be more than happy to share but need to see it i works first , i pray the engine is done because i am getting excited now , should be interesting to say the least :coolspot:
You're such a tease! :frog:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
You're such a tease! :frog:

or smart enough to save face if it doesn't work :rofl:

thanks to me and Matt tag teaming this we got a pretty good start tonight for starting at 9pm and considering it was a bare block with only rotating assembly installed and having to install the girdle , it will be going into the truck tomorrow for sure , would have got the valve covers on tonight but ran out of green lock tight so was only able to get 3 injectors installed :baby: , breaks over
back to work .........

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Here are a few pics of the progress so far .

DSCF5967.jpg

DSCF5969-1.jpg

DSCF5968.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF5967.jpg
    DSCF5967.jpg
    577.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF5968.jpg
    DSCF5968.jpg
    602.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF5969.jpg
    DSCF5969.jpg
    596.3 KB · Views: 6

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
Trent, I'm here in SLC with Bone shaker, so please don't hesitate to give me a holler if you need an extra set of hands.

03-GMC

Let there be light!!
Mar 26, 2009
SLC, Utah
So did you get her all back together? You going to be at the track tonight?

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
it didnt make it

yep ran out of time :(

got close but ran into an issue with the torque converter clutch dragging and it was down hill from there , when we fired it up Thursday night we were stoked since we were ahead of schedule but went to put it into gear to pull it out of the shop it killed the engine instantly so after an hour of diag and ruling out electrical we swapped converters in the wee morning hours , funny thing is it was never even pulled and was fine when it was parked :confused: .

Got that done and hit the sack around 4am, then Friday morning found that a return line was leaking into the crank case ( forgot to tighten it :eek: ) got that fixed and most the way re-assembled but by that time it was 4ish and while it was running and pretty much ready i hadn't even driven it yet, o miles on a new motor that is destined for the tow rig ( has to last long time ) so decided to bag it and wait till it was 100% ready and tested and some what broken in , its been quite the few day to say the least , this is the first time in 3 years i haven't made this event but we tried our best just came up short , if only i could have gotten then engine a day earlier .

We started getting Matts truck ready Thursday night too, all we had to do is fix a leak on the t-case , but found out it had a cracked extension housing , so he was out for drags too, we got the part today and swapped it out tonight but still have a bit to do so might be out for dyno tomorrow too :baby: , damn 1 engine assemble and install and removed and re-installed 2 transmissions from Wednesday night to Friday night, all that effort and wasn't able to make any of the events , but i can say this............ i am going to sleep good tonight :D