Ross forged vs fingers oval dome cast

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Pistons

If you REALLY want that kind of power you "WILL" be back into the motor is your going to drive it! Nobody here can tell you they have made that kind of power and never been back into the motor for something.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Forged pistons are made of stronger material. No doubt. However, there is less of it and there is the reduction in cooling. Still stronger from what I can calculate.

I don't like people running the Forged in a daily driver. Especially if they tow. The forged rattle too damn much and tend to haze till the pistons warm up. You suffer such a thing when you go big, but not every day.

What kills the traditional rings on the forged pistons is the chamber pressures you are running in a diesel. Run it hard, and they will wear. The Keystone rings address the issue and give you a good seal through the life of the piston. Everyone's mileage will vary.

Lastly, I'm sure someone will find a way to break a set of my pistons eventually. Just haven't found the breaking point..... Yet.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Pistons

The Arias pistons are 749 grams. The 2 sets I have anyway. They are a race item but I wouldn't be afraid to run them in a limited street toy. Not a daily driver but a toy. The mono's should be a good option for a high horse driver. They are just spendy.