RCSB LBZ Build

cmmiller53

Apr 13, 2015
Northeast Indiana
There was no overhead console stock, I had to cut my headliner to make it work, going to leave the white for now but next time I have the panels off I think I'll spray them black, is the carpet on the doors easily replaceable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cmmiller53

Apr 13, 2015
Northeast Indiana
Got the truck hooked up to the computer tonight and no luck, the BCM had no communication with the DDM. Unfortunately I didn't have the BCM out of the donor to try because I think that may have been part of the issue, but I came home and started looking into all the wiring diagrams and found I was missing a power wire from the drivers side fuse panel to the Junction box I/P(passenger side) so I ran the wire (orange) and also replaced the relay box below the steering column because it was missing the pins for the 25amp circuit breaker for the passenger door, hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get back to the shop with my spare BCM and try again, maybe with better success this time, until then the truck just keeps getting torn apart
16a0b473d4626decccbc8d38da43de7e.jpg

orangeastre

Jan 31, 2014
Nova Scotia
The last two trucks i have done power conversions on I swapped dash harnesses. The wiring that run's from left to right to control the pass. window doesn't seem to be present in all of the trucks. I had a v6 bare bones truck that did, and a 5.3 power lock only truck that didn't.

cmmiller53

Apr 13, 2015
Northeast Indiana
Interesting, I dug even deeper into the truck last night so I could add the wire that I needed properly, double checked all my diagrams and it seems that I was only missing the one power wire, depending when I get off work today I'm going to try again on the computer but that doesn't look promising since I have to pick up a new clock spring to make my steering wheel work also made a dumpster find this morning at work and salvaged this toolbox that come out of a house with a garage fire, not pretty cosmetically but all the drawers move like they should
d4a082cf9cbe78f747d284f4fb3b9c8c.jpg
0daa9eedb5f55a362e08082d841e0e37.jpg
should be able to clean it up and get good use from it

cmmiller53

Apr 13, 2015
Northeast Indiana
Not sure what the plan is for it yet, haven't had time to mess with it yet, still haven't even checked all the drawers out, trying to rush to this last job so I can make it over to Hicksville auto recyclers to pick up a clock spring so I can put my puzzle back together

cmmiller53

Apr 13, 2015
Northeast Indiana
After a late night at work yesterday I finally made it to Hicksville to get a clock spring, went in for just that and came out with a whole new column and wheel so now I have 3, I got home and started the reassembly process and it went quicker than expected
e9908ecd4f034e85b3225919a7e47776.jpg
I've gutted a few trucks before but never had to put them back together again
cdeb5685f98da8a61a04c7c937073593.jpg
everything went easier than I thought but when I finally got everything buttoned up my battery was dead and I couldn't start the truck, I did notice that my dash lights would not turn off after that either, is that a problem that could be caused by low battery or should I be looking for pinched wires? Put it on the charger before I left last night so I should be able to dig a little deeper tonight

cmmiller53

Apr 13, 2015
Northeast Indiana
Chasing my tail now since I changed the column harness, dash lights are staying illuminated all the time now, Manual Mode is also acting up and the truck won't engage in tow haul mode, only half the lights on the cluster are illuminating as well

cmmiller53

Apr 13, 2015
Northeast Indiana
Full of electrical mysteries, I changed the column harness back to the original still with no luck, I ended up changing the BCM to see if that would change it, boom the lights shut off when they are supposed to, truck even started with the new BCM, out of curiosity I also changed the ignition so I could use a different key I have, truck started and ran fine again with the security light flashing, I didn't think it was supposed to do that with a different BCM let alone another key

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
When you start changing up ecms,bcms,etc and mismatch those and keys you will most of the time wet security protocols. Most of the time you will get a start and cut itself off withing 3 seconds. It just means you will have to reset it manually or with a tech 2. You can also turn vats off with the tuning.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

cmmiller53

Apr 13, 2015
Northeast Indiana
I just test drove it with the different BCM and key, it didn't die on me, the theft light is flashing and the CEL is on, manual mode is acting up and only works when it wants to right now

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I bet security is already turned off with your tune that's why it still runs.. But the light is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmmiller53

Apr 13, 2015
Northeast Indiana
That would make sense, put on a spare tap shifter and fixed that problem to, must have been a bad wire, power windows still don't work even though this is the BCM out of the donor truck.

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Id get up with Ben Tyler if I were you..

No one else out there really as savvy with in/outs of GM electrical spaghetti.