Race truck pics

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
As most have said we took the truck out for the Weekend on the edge event this last weekend , for the first time out it did good ! Didnt break any records or anything but we are starting off slow till the motor is broke in and we work the bugs out , once everything is 100% well turn the wick up and see what she is made of .

Friday at the drags we started off slow , first pass on the mall tune went 11.0 , next pass flipped the DSP up one more , went a little faster at 10.6 but noticed the truck wasn't cleaning up the smoke , so stayed around the #2 and 3 tune most of the night , best run was 10.4* @ 132 .

Saturday before the dyno i spent the morning working on why the truck wasnt cleaning up why the power was down , took it out on the street and found max boost was only reading 48 PSI and 35 of that was from the little guys , after an hour of trying stuff it came down to a waste gate problem , couldnt correct it in short notice so i blocked the gate off , went out for another drive and bam .... she came to life , burred the boost gauge and picked up a bunch of power :woott: , through it on the trailer and headed to the dyno .

Got on the dyno and first of three runs we figured we would run the same #3 tune we left off at the strip and go bigger if the number's weren't high enough , had a 2 stage NOS setup with a .063 shot as the first stage and a .120 for the 2nd waiting to be used if needed , first run we did the #3 tune and the .63 shot to see were we were going to come in at , at the end of the first run the turbine wheel came apart on the inside atmosphere turbo and had to settle with the one pass , put down 1252 and 1975 . The turbo has no signs of thrusting out , the compressor side is perfect still and bearings still tight, I wasnt watching boost on the dyno we may have over spun it , i pulled the turbo yesterday and will be sending it in to COMP to have it fixed and figure out why it let go , I will likely go bigger on the turbine wheels and add a gate to make sure we dont over spin them when we use spray .

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Thats awesome she did that good, but no surprise seeing how it is your truck. Sorry to hear about the turbo.

Are you going to be offering this trip setup?

Well see what we do with these chargers after some more testing , have to see if they make the power they should for there size , and how they hold up. The problem with triple kits is it takes some trial and error to size the turbo's , once we get the turbo's dialed in and come to a final configuration on wheel size's , turbine A/R's , ect well see how they do . while the small turbo's are off i am going to run the top turbo as a single and get some testing that way too , top turbo is a billet 78mm and so far spools pretty good , might be a new offering as a single kit :D

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Crap, glad you ignored my reply... Didn't pay attention that it was the exhaust wheel that got lunched. Glad pieces didn't go through your engine!

I can't even imagine how badass it must be to have a 1200+ rwhp truck with two clicks to go on the tuning... AND it's still streetable!!

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Crap, glad you ignored my reply... Didn't pay attention that it was the exhaust wheel that got lunched. Glad pieces didn't go through your engine!

I can't even imagine how badass it must be to have a 1200+ rwhp truck with two clicks to go on the tuning... AND it's still streetable!!

i cant say for sure how much more it has in it , wont know till we try , if the pumps can hold pressure on bigger tunes it should make a bit more still .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYHtfBdzF8c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Its just a cell video but you can hear it pretty good thing sounded pissed

Thanks Jake !

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
www.larrysperformancepalace.com
Nice numbers Trent. Glad to see you finally getting it out there. Still trying to finish Blackie so you can fine tune her. Close as long as he doesn't break the chuda again I should be ready by november.

And to settle the argument guys we did it in 08' :hug::rofl::D
DSC01427.jpgDSC01431.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01427.jpg
    DSC01427.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC01431.jpg
    DSC01431.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 108

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
Super Diesel has been gone for over a year too, I even went to DP and checked there. I am pretty sure Trent is still in this world but not so sure about Michael??? :confused: :(

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
I guess he owed people money and got way behind on orders and stuff so now hes working in oil. I dont know that much about it tho

From what I was told.
His big shop purchase put him in debt,
Had quality issues with the new hired help & had to buy back/fix/remake a lot of kits.
& finally let his employees go & was busting @$$ trying to do all the kits himself & finally reached his breaking point & shut the doors & is now working in the oil field & was still trying to get everyone's kits or money back to them.

I honestly REALLY hope EPR makes a comeback to the Diesel world.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Trent really did seem like a stand up dude, I learned alot from his posts, hope he makes it back.

Shows he is an honest dude if he is tring to make peoples money back, I wish him the best of luck.

It is tuff out there!!! I got home from overseas and I sold my shop in the first year back there was just not enough money to keep the doors open I was lucky and made money on the deal but not much.