Question: Question for ZF-6 guys

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah the pedal hangs a bit on release. It seems normal just pumping in neutral though so don't think it is a broken piece. I pushed the pedal down not thinking about it before the trans was installed so I think it could still be a pocket of air.

Last edited:

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I ended up dropping the transmission and replacing the slave, checking for disc fitment etc. It has 190 miles now and it seems to be doing pretty good. Pedal feels good just slightly hard to get in gear if the pedal isn't forced into the floor, but that does seem to be improving. I do know it already holds power very well. Yesterday, my friend was riding around town with his cummins buddy and they started following me around town. I went out on a road away from town and he was behind me taunting me so I laid into it fourth through sixth. He was blowing smoke through both stacks but was falling behind pretty bad. I felt a little guilty doing that with only 170 miles on it but it didn't even hint slipping. That was the second to hottest tune so it's got a bit more.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I backed mine out of my friends shop and did a 2500 rpm dump and laid down some nice rubber it never slipped and still has not with my efi live on the 230 hp tune