Pulling head/s

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
You have to pull the injectors to fit a scope don't you?

My problem are these desolate Texas hwys that allow you to really stretch your legs out on a regular basis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You have to pull the injectors to fit a scope don't you?

My problem are these desolate Texas hwys that allow you to really stretch your legs out on a regular basis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yes. Don’t think they make a small enough camera for the glow plug holes yet. Well they probably do but it’s expensive as hell.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I had a feeling mine were cracking, if you drive the truck far, I’d bore scope it, if not get a spare block and run it til it goes. I got lucky on my block not being scored or torched.

My tow bill would have been 700 bucks if it weren’t for AAA, so from now on I’ll be keeping an eye on what I’m driving if I’m driving it for work.

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
The truck is really clean with all the right mods. You're already replacing the weak link. I'd slap her back together with stronger pistons, turn the wick down a tad and run her.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
I need to stay out of this thread :eek: been running a 3300uS tune for 2 years now and blown a turbo up I’ve pushed it so hard

If I had a 3300 us tune, I wouldn’t have made it to 50k. I just had mine turned up to 2300 for the big tune a few months ago, the tune I ran was 1950us, but the timing I’m pretty sure was kinda high, 28 iirc.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Got pistons coming, just need to order some grade b gaskets and decide wheather to stud it or just put new bolts in.

Reger, if you dont get delipped ones im going to smack you!!! :hug: :D

and holy shit is 28* alot for that pulse!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Why are there 49 posts (oops...50 now) about simply pulling the heads? Reger, you are pop-u-lar. :hehe:

j/k -- its an easy job once you get down to it. There's just so much to do BEFORE you get to that step. Good luck. :)

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I’m delipping them, they’re 130k mile LLY pistons.

PPEI did my tuning, was gonna switch to mark but never did.

:D :woott:

Why are there 49 posts (oops...50 now) about simply pulling the heads? Reger, you are pop-u-lar. :hehe:

j/k -- its an easy job once you get down to it. There's just so much to do BEFORE you get to that step. Good luck. :)

remember the nick and anthony call out thread?? now THAT was a thread :roflmao:

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011

Getting to them is the easy part, it’s figuring out where this pile of parts goes once I’m done :spit:

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
If I had a 3300 us tune, I wouldn’t have made it to 50k. I just had mine turned up to 2300 for the big tune a few months ago, the tune I ran was 1950us, but the timing I’m pretty sure was kinda high, 28 iirc.

Haha yikes. I was running Ppei tunes before. Made it 35k with his max effort tune till the turbo went. Switched to mark now and i believe i am 3200us 26 timing

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Never a Duramax. But I've rebuilt plenty of John Deere engines without a stand. Go get a couple sheets of 5/8" or 3/4" plywood.

Use one to roll the engine around on on the floor. Use the other on a couple of saw horses for a bench to lay everything out on. It's primitive and certainly not ideal but it will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
Never a Duramax. But I've rebuilt plenty of John Deere engines without a stand. Go get a couple sheets of 5/8" or 3/4" plywood.

Use one to roll the engine around on on the floor. Use the other on a couple of saw horses for a bench to lay everything out on. It's primitive and certainly not ideal but it will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t have a truck to go pick up a new one until next days off and the one I was gonna borrow my buddy beat me to it to build his GM 6.0