Proformance part?

sdc05gmc2500hd

May 18, 2012
Ok so ive saved up 2k and about to make a buy on everything i want. I call alligator performance and they put together a package for me. But i was wondering if anyone knew of any other place that might by able to put it together cheaper? There price is great but my wallet just would like to do better hahaha

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Cheap, fast, reliable............you can only pick 2

FYI, your post is vague. You could be buying a life size doll for all we know. I know its in the tuning section but details of what you are looking at would help.

Look at the forums supporting vendors, all of them are great options!

sdc05gmc2500hd

May 18, 2012
I was a little vague. Im getting mbrp dual exhaust, mbrp down pipe, s&b cold air intake, afe turbo intake boot, and a ppe standard tunner

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
why? because even with that ppe standard tuner you will limp the trans. and trust me you wont be done adding power, you will want more and more. so do yourself a favor and do your trans first then crank her up.!:thumb:

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
If u like exhaust buy that so u get the sound. But i agree with the others, trans should be first if u really want to be reliable for hp. Then id buy a lift pump, intake and efi live. After that, then down pipe. After that then turbo/twins triples ect. Cause once u have 500, then u want 600, once that happens then u will be building a motor for 750+. Believe me, its how it foes, im there now. Lmao!!!

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
why? because even with that ppe standard tuner you will limp the trans. and trust me you wont be done adding power, you will want more and more. so do yourself a favor and do your trans first then crank her up.!:thumb:

X2
I've slipped mine 3 times now and I believe my torque converter is on it's way out. Once your transmission is build everything else is cheaper, except for the motor; that's how I feel anyway.

Yellowchevy

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Who wants to run a stock tune on a built trans??? Not this guy, even a mild tune on a stock trans is better than that. If you want to save money, skip on the intake and just do the LBZ mouthpiece upgrade, skip the downpipe until the trans is out, and get a tuned ECM from Ridge Runner Diesel!

rickettzusaf

Nov 30, 2011
Goldsboro, NC
Mild tune & limping trans < Stock tune & built trans.

If he is saving for a built trans why not save a little more and get EFI while he is at it?

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
If I had a $2K max budget my list would look much different than yours...

The TTS converter that sledhead has for sale here $500
Allison overhaul kit/trans go $500
chop up stock exhaust $0.00
chop up stock air box $0.00
lift pump $500
single EFI tune from reputable tuner $200
gauges $200
egr delete/block, pvc reroute, pump rub plate, race valve $100

There ya go...$2K and a whole lot more power and fun than the previous list.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Exhaust and tuner.... Save your money for a decent trans.

You either have the money to play right out the box or you will regret it quick when you break something expensive and will be out of a truck for a while

baby steps young Jedi

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
Just speaking from experience, as other guys on here too. Limping your trans sucks, and after you do it once it gets easier everytime to limp. Idk what your goals are, but if you want to Reliably Hold more then 90hp then you need trans.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Rather than try to tell you what to do I would just recommend better choices on the items you want:

Pro-Fab down-pipe is cheaper and comes heat wrapped
Dual exhaust is pointless and only for looks, a single 4" is about half the price
Get an LBZ turbo inlet and order the S&B intake for an LBZ
Send out your ECM to get tuned.

With inlet, intake, exhaust, and DSP5 tuning you would get out the door with everything installed for less than $2,000

Last edited by a moderator:

sdc05gmc2500hd

May 18, 2012
after talking to JJ the guy tony burkhard recommend me calling. Im pretty sure im going to get an efi live. I know dual Exhaust is just for looks but thats y im getting it. I know you guys say once u have 500 hp ur going to want more i dont want anymore then that. I want good fuel mileages and enough power to play with. And if the trans starts slipping then ill do it then shit its only money i can always make more. I appreciate all the advice. But since we are talking about trannys anyways can't i just get a high flow pump and a bigger tranny cooler and run my stock tranny they have to be good for atleast 500hp.