ppei tunes

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Been falling behind in the tuning world a bit, been very busy with my day job and moving into a rented shop where I can finally install my Mohawk lift I invested into and work In a well lighted area instead of doing all the work laying on card board on a concrete floor with flash lights. I have wrenched on lml trucks before but have never tuned one and road in it back to back from stock to tuned. I have rode in other tuned lml trucks but did not drive them, some by Kory and some by others.

My father owned a 2012 lml and my impressions of the driving characteristics was I did not enjoy the dead pedal , and the throttle input vs the truck moving forward and mileage was terrible.

I personally just deleted and tuned a lml and just through a single 30hp tune from Kory in it because it was strictly a plow truck, and Gosh darn what a difference. I can't believe that it is a only a 30hp tune and the truck gets much better mileage, snappier, just all around a lot more fun to drive. Very very impressed!!!

Figured id share my experience

:thumb: to Kory, I am one of those guys who has to really analyze/pick apart something to be a believer.

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
Anyone tried PPEI LML Ez Lynk tuning yet? Not taking away from the O.P. but we know Kory knows his way around Efilive.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Funny you posted this within 30 minutes of my post in 72 vgt. I think its funny how this guy works. He definitely needs no marketing help. Could it be a a coincidence, probably not... lol...

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Until you dyno you dont know the tune size. I have yet had a customers trans hold up to his trans safe tuning. A lot hotter tune then most.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Can't say the same for the built trans tunes. 10th revision and it'll finally puff some on heavy throttle on tunes 4-5, I will say it doesn't **** around now, the last set of tunes helped a good bit but my big tune was only 2300us, not sure what it is now, but I went from going 87-90 from my road to the first turn(between an 1/8th and a 1/4 mile) to doing just over 100. LLY would still whoop that ass though.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I liked his maxx effort tune on my reg cab. Ran 12.8 and did 530.00 on dyno the same day. But once I needed actual custom tunes it went down hill.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
He had my vanes a little tight on my modded lly turbo, truck was still a little smokey at wot. I had him open them up a little more and it's 100x better. Truck doesn't fall off on top like the stock turbo and it's completely smoke free at 3300us. From my experience he is just a little conservative unless you request to push it harder. I have been pleased with Kory's tuning and he almost always replys to my emails the same day.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
He's always took care of what I asked, just too conservative on the tuning. If burnt orange and go and maroon is blow, I want it a half a shade under blow. Nothing more disappointing knowing it had more when you got passed by soccer mom in a 6.2l suburban.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Yeah 2340us for a max effort is crazy low.. that's probably what my 100hp tow tune is lol. He's never been that conservative with mine, my max effort started off at 2800.

I seen this on Facebook a week ago or so, Kory's tuning marks stg2r with 60%s and 10mm on a 192k stock block. Guy said he makes 37-38 psi. Seems like Kory has that one dialed in to me. This was a ccsb too.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Yeah 2340us for a max effort is crazy low.. that's probably what my 100hp tow tune is lol. He's never been that conservative with mine, my max effort started off at 2800.

I seen this on Facebook a week ago or so, Kory's tuning marks stg2r with 60%s and 10mm on a 192k stock block. Guy said he makes 37-38 psi. Seems like Kory has that one dialed in to me. This was a ccsb too.

97mph is slow

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md

This my buddy David's truck. It's probably one of the most fun drivable trucks to ride in on street. And he pulls a 16ft enclosed trailer every day. I vouch for all mentioned done to it and the turbo was done at my shop and it's my old 10mm pump. Full loaded leather truck with a sunroof at that. drink some more hateraid

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Hell yeah haha that gives me hope! My truck has commercial plates and I tow my 16fter almost everyday too. My plan is 60 or 100s with a 10mm. Mines a loaded slt with nav rear DVD and sunroof too. I really wish I got back out to the track after Kory adjusted to vane positioning

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
Well I told them when I first built the trans I didn't want it to melt the pistons in a week, guess they're idea and mine of saving room to grow is a little off, lol. But I'm running tune 2-3 now to DD instead of 4. I never have ran 5 much, I'll prolly never use it now, tune 4 blows the tires off to fourth without trying.

TTLMM

Aug 19, 2016
Alright guys I apologize for thread jacking bit I just to see if anyone here can help me out. I have a 2009 lmm I just switched over to korys tunes last week. Truck runs good but does some weird stuff. I'm starting to think I have something mechanically wrong. When I'm on the freeway lugging in 5th and 6th gear and I begin to roll on the throttle it doesn't really want to go anywhere. My desired and actual rail pressure kind of bounce around between 13k and 16k then once I give it more throttle it down shifts, rail pressure jumps up to around 25k and it takes off. It also hazes alot at idle but ppei said if my balance rates are good (which they are all within spec) then it should be fine. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to start looking? Thanks. Oh yeah. It's tuned and deleted, s475 over stock, ad165, and according to the dealership I purchased it from it has larger injectors but I have no proof of this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk