ppei tunes

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I'd be fiding out what injectors are in it, if he tuning it for stock sticks and it's got 40-60's or whatever it's probly draining the rails, and is gonna be hard on the motor. I'd have him tune it for 60's and see what it does.

TTLMM

Aug 19, 2016
Yes they are aware that my truck might have larger squirt guns. I sent them a few data logs and they said they appear to be stock so I'm currently running tunes for stock injectors. It hazed very little prior to running his tunes. So little that the light had to hit it at just the right angle to see it. Now it's pretty bad.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Sounds like tuning to me, mine hazes pretty good too, but it's done that since I've put some miles on it. Have him send you a stock delete tune and see what it does and go from there.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Stupid question maybe, but where are you located? It could just be winter blend fuel creating the extra haze/oddities

Past 3 weeks I could NOT find the cause of my rough idle, temps are still averaging over 40 so I was still using my summer additive blend. Ran out of the summer stuff and decided to mix up the winter stuff, put in a fresh tank of diesel from the BJs near me where I saw they just had a fuel delivery. Truck runs much smoother idling and on the throttle, vibes decreased, mpgs up and the haze/smell while idling is all but gone. FWIW

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Yeah but peoples definition of "haze" will likely vary. What I was referring to was just deleted exhaust, being more smelly than usual and paired with a rougher running condition.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I have zero haze with my 08 even on my big tune unless wot. I'm also at 145k on stock injectors with inj 6 at -3.8 warm idle in park.

TTLMM

Aug 19, 2016
Stupid question maybe, but where are you located? It could just be winter blend fuel creating the extra haze/oddities

Past 3 weeks I could NOT find the cause of my rough idle, temps are still averaging over 40 so I was still using my summer additive blend. Ran out of the summer stuff and decided to mix up the winter stuff, put in a fresh tank of diesel from the BJs near me where I saw they just had a fuel delivery. Truck runs much smoother idling and on the throttle, vibes decreased, mpgs up and the haze/smell while idling is all but gone. FWIW
I'm in Vegas.

TTLMM

Aug 19, 2016
I understand a little haze is common for some tuned and deleted trucks but I'm getting an excessive amount of it. Also my rail pressure is spiking around (command and desired) in 5th and 6th gear at low rpm when I push the gas until it downshift which is why I'm beginning to think I have something mechanically wrong

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I understand a little haze is common for some tuned and deleted trucks but I'm getting an excessive amount of it. Also my rail pressure is spiking around (command and desired) in 5th and 6th gear at low rpm when I push the gas until it downshift which is why I'm beginning to think I have something mechanically wrong

Don't talk about desired and actual rail pressure like they go hand in hand....

What is desired doing specifically?

And then what is actual doing in relationship to that.

Keep in mind a couple things,

1st, actual rail is what the truck and fuel system are actually doing.

2nd "desired" is strictly tune/ecm related.

Actual will always follow desired, meaning desired is what it's asking for, actual is what it's able to do, or not do.

So, to isolate your problem, we need to know exactly what desired is doing first! Then what is actual doing in relationship to the change in desired.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TTLMM

Aug 19, 2016
Don't talk about desired and actual rail pressure like they go hand in hand....

What is desired doing specifically?

And then what is actual doing in relationship to that.

Keep in mind a couple things,

1st, actual rail is what the truck and fuel system are actually doing.

2nd "desired" is strictly tune/ecm related.

Actual will always follow desired, meaning desired is what it's asking for, actual is what it's able to do, or not do.

So, to isolate your problem, we need to know exactly what desired is doing first! Then what is actual doing in relationship to the change in desired.

Desired and actual pretty much always stay the same. When I select both of them as a pid on my edge monitor and drive the truck they both Read the same.it only does it when I'm lugging it in 5th or 6th gear at low rpm. They just kind of bounce around for about 8 seconds or so and then it slowly creeps up to around 19-20 kpsi and the truck then starts picking up speed. Other than that and the excessive hazing at idle, the truck runs great. Like I said before if I push the gas pedal far enough to where it down shifts then the rail pressure jumps up to 25kpsi and it takes off like a bat outta hell.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Desired and actual pretty much always stay the same. When I select both of them as a pid on my edge monitor and drive the truck they both Read the same.it only does it when I'm lugging it in 5th or 6th gear at low rpm. They just kind of bounce around for about 8 seconds or so and then it slowly creeps up to around 19-20 kpsi and the truck then starts picking up speed. Other than that and the excessive hazing at idle, the truck runs great. Like I said before if I push the gas pedal far enough to where it down shifts then the rail pressure jumps up to 25kpsi and it takes off like a bat outta hell.

If desired is truly bouncing all around at steady throttle, and rpm, then you need to talk to your tuner.