PPE Twins Pictures:

Rnolan

Dec 13, 2008
Lagrange, OH
That pic is Mikas "The Punisher" that twin set up ended up looking pretty good when it was done. He's also from Finland so I think hes pretty limited to his high hp/tq dmax resources out that way

Mika

Bastardo Finlandias
Oct 25, 2008
Finland
11.18@125 was it with fuel. I try nitrous in last event, but didnt get better time with it. Wheel spin and driving mistake.
Next setup is Eaton and Holset`s. Big HX82 have 102 or 103 mm inducer.

My resources are limited, as all I get is what I find here forums. No new secret fast parts for me.:D

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
11.18@125 was it with fuel. I try nitrous in last event, but didnt get better time with it. Wheel spin and driving mistake.
Next setup is Eaton and Holset`s. Big HX82 have 102 or 103 mm inducer.

My resources are limited, as all I get is what I find here forums. No new secret fast parts for me.:D

Mika, why did you pull off the set of twins you made for your truck? Were they difficult to spool? I know you have been talking about a super charger/turbo combination, is that what you are building for this coming year?

Mika

Bastardo Finlandias
Oct 25, 2008
Finland
Mika, why did you pull off the set of twins you made for your truck? Were they difficult to spool? I know you have been talking about a super charger/turbo combination, is that what you are building for this coming year?

There were problems to make boost in line when boost was zero. In street and when there was few psi boost in bottom, it spools very quick.
I have been lately thinkin maybe it was some kind of MAF problem because of place I put my sensor. And that would make sense in my mind, since maf controls injection when theres no boost, am I correct?

Next setup have roots charger and big twins. It may look russian, but will probably work :rofl:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I've seen russian. There is NO WAY anyone could make it that ugly anywhere else in the world-except maybe Indo!!:D

Are you going to run a compound set-up Mika with the roots or a single turbo on each bank?

Mika

Bastardo Finlandias
Oct 25, 2008
Finland
Compound turbos.
This is how it looks today. And as you see, there are not so much room for bendings of pipes, so I have to cut bends tighter again with pipes I have available.

20122008259jpg_1532444_640.jpg

Last edited:

Mika

Bastardo Finlandias
Oct 25, 2008
Finland
You steal tha charger off a ship?? :eek: That thing is effin HUGE!!
No I get it from shop and pay them.

I am old (or middle aged), but still pissed that work that is not ready is here for laughing.
Here is pic how my old tt set looks finished. I have to cut bends for room, If there were room to leave bends alone, I wouldnt touch them. That was my mistake to leave wastegate in its place that need those bends. But it is always easier to come and get better setup later. And I am not professional welder either :rofl:
I really like to see how turboBuick 6 or something builds it, and how fast it will be.
DSC00002JPG_1536008_640.jpg

Last edited:

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Your not speaking of this cobbled together contraption? are you?
I don't know whos motor this is but I was sent this pic a while ago as a joke, and thats exactly what it looks like to me, but the turbo looks huge and I can't imagine that many of them out there:confused:

Surely the new PPE twins will run better than this set-up did. (why did they bother using bends if they were going to cheat them by miter cutting them):rofl:

Speaking from the rookie standpoint... they prolly ordered the wrong radius forcing them to use the portion that started the bend then "kinking" the rest together. When trying to squeeze 10 pounds of poo in a 2 pound bag i think its required... well it was for me!

I wish you lived closer... we'd be swingin deals! What you do is an art as much as learned trade.

Good luck

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
No I get it from shop and pay them.

I am old (or middle aged), but still pissed that work that is not ready is here for laughing.
Here is pic how my old tt set looks finished. I have to cut bends for room, If there were room to leave bends alone, I wouldnt touch them. That was my mistake to leave wastegate in its place that need those bends. But it is always easier to come and get better setup later. And I am not professional welder either :rofl:
I really like to see how Buick 6 or something gets it.
DSC00002JPG_1536008_640.jpg

Maybe I should be less critical but then again thats how people become good at things:rolleyes:

I appologize but don't think that I didn't recive plenty of criticizm while I was learning;) Rather than getting my panties in a bunch I used it as motovation to become better.

And "I get it" by using the correct materials so I don't need to "cheat" bends. And yes they are out there, you can get bends as tight as 1R which puts both tubes touching eachother:eek: well almost

Again my appoligies:eek:

Last edited:

Mika

Bastardo Finlandias
Oct 25, 2008
Finland
. And yes they are out there, you can get bends as tight as 1R which puts both tubes touching eachother:eek:

Again my appoligies:eek:

I dont need apologies, just information where I could get tight bends. I need them, or I have to do russian bends again (they will work if better not available):rofl:
In here there are no place to get anything near what I need.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
I dont need apologies, just information where I could get tight bends. I need them, or I have to do russian bends again (they will work if better not available):rofl:
In here there are no place to get anything near what I need.

what size and what CLR? and what material?

Mika

Bastardo Finlandias
Oct 25, 2008
Finland
In responce to the edit.....as fast as someone pays me:rofl: In all seriousness the only limiting factor is how much someone wants to spend:D

I do it with my own money and time for hobby. I am no professional welder or machinst or nothing. I just like to test how far I can go with my own.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
I do it with my own money and time for hobby. I am no professional welder or machinst or nothing. I just like to test how far I can go with my own.

I do it as a hobby as well, something too pass my time off from work, I just chose to do it for others to help finance other projects I have.

If you want to tell me what you need for tubing I'm pretty sure I can send you a link to a place that has it. My guess would be around a 3 1/2" to 4"CLR

A 4" CLR on 4" tubing would place the downstream leg around 2" from the turbine housing. 3 1/2" CLR would put it about 1" away. But it could be closer due to the turbine housing being larger near the inlet

Mika

Bastardo Finlandias
Oct 25, 2008
Finland
I really dont have exact sizes for you now, because I am trying to get our christmás ham ready. But I will PM to you immediately when I get my head clean enough. OK ?