PPE Kit

DuramaxTireSmoker

Jun 8, 2010
SW Florida
What are the advantages of a PPE stage 5 transmission kit over the stage 4?

Would like the 5 but money is tight and was wondering if the 4 would be sufficient.

Last edited:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
stage 4 kit would be fine if you are going to keep in under 650RWHP. Let me know if you would like to purchase a kit, We offer a DD forum discount, call and ask for Dan

714-985-4825

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
If you are interested in one of our kits give me a call and I will refer you to a good local installer. Yes the kits come with instructions, We also offer full tech support if any questions arise.

Dan
714-985-4825

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Does he ship out kits?

Well I'd rather not call him if he just does local build.

George will ship out kits, but he will tell you strait up he will not be the cheapest to buy a "Kit" from. IF you are not familar with building a allison that small amount of mark up will more then pay for itself in tech support when buying from George or Mike;)

If you are interested in one of our kits give me a call and I will refer you to a good local installer. Yes the kits come with instructions, We also offer full tech support if any questions arise.

Dan
714-985-4825

Dan I actually found a very good deal on one of your stg 5 kits today and assuming shipping works out in the morning it should be at my door by weeks end. Hopefully I will not need any help but just incase I do, Hopefully your tech support will be up to the task.;) That said I have not had any issues in the past while dealing with you directly and dont expect to now :hug:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
George will ship out kits, but he will tell you strait up he will not be the cheapest to buy a "Kit" from. IF you are not familar with building a allison that small amount of mark up will more then pay for itself in tech support when buying from George or Mike;)

I expected to pay $1000 more for a "kit" to hold 1000+ hp from George...When he priced it out for me and told me what he included I was floored! and I'm more than happy with it, And I can't even tell you how great it was to have him to cal at 9:30 at night when I was checking clearances

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
i would call george also. the problem with the ppe stuff is not the cutches or anything because they are all the same but more likely then not the tolerances will not even be close to what you need and without extra clutches and or steels laying around it may be hard to get the right tolerances needed and trust me it wont last long if the tolerances arent right.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
i would call george also. the problem with the ppe stuff is not the cutches or anything because they are all the same but more likely then not the tolerances will not even be close to what you need and without extra clutches and or steels laying around it may be hard to get the right tolerances needed and trust me it wont last long if the tolerances arent right.

exactly:thumb:

Just ask Matt Woertz

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
big02/judski,

Have either of you had clearance issue with one of our kits? If so how long ago was the kit purchased?

Last edited:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I expected to pay $1000 more for a "kit" to hold 1000+ hp from George...When he priced it out for me and told me what he included I was floored! and I'm more than happy with it, And I can't even tell you how great it was to have him to cal at 9:30 at night when I was checking clearances

I agree 100% George definetly knows his sh!t!! And the pricing for the in house builds are more then fair IMO.. I talked to him today and his "Kit" price was not out of line by any means, hope it did not come across that way. This build is not for my 05 but for the shop/company truck that will never see the 1/4 mile, pulling sled, or more then 500 RWHP. I was looking for a budget build while its apart and came across a guy in a bind with a brand new PPE stg 5 for 2k and figured while its overkill its a dam good deal assuming I can get it together myself:eek::D