PPE GT40R kit is on Casper for testing.

RyanZ06

Oct 6, 2006
I'm pretty close to ready to purchase this kit -

Do you have any pictures of it installed? Dan@PPE tells me the intake tubes are not yet available - can you show me what you came up with?

Do you need headstudds with this turbo?

Thanks

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
You can take a look at the avatar for dieselson, You can do something like that or you can use a angle silicone hose and make one. Either way when the intake tubes are finished I will send you one.

No headstuds needed and 550-650HP to the wheels.:cool2:

RyanZ06

Oct 6, 2006
You can take a look at the avatar for dieselson, You can do something like that or you can use a angle silicone hose and make one. Either way when the intake tubes are finished I will send you one.

No headstuds needed and 550-650HP to the wheels.:cool2:

:)

I think you're going to sell two GT40 kits today.. Are you on commission?:angel:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
That makes a little bit of a difference. We are working on the turbo delete files for the 06/07 lly/lbz, it will be a least a couple of weeks before they are ready. let me know if you have any more questions.

Dan

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
This setup is very efficient you dont need big boost numbers for big power.

If you want somthing larger we have those ready also.

How fast you wana go?

Dan

MattMac1

Sep 11, 2006
Central Alberta, Canada
Would like to get into the 12's this next year, but still want room to grow. Was thinhing about running duel fueler's and a GT42 and eventually planning on building new motor.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I think the 40 with dual fuelers will net your goal. With the 42, dual fueler and good tuning and suspension setup you should be deep in the 11's.

bogger

Oct 19, 2006
Maine
Can you run a 42 with an lb7 egr setup? I just found out today that my damn a5k won't work unless fabbing is done which isn't gonna happen. So I'm looking at the 40 atleast, but hoping for bigger.

bogger

Oct 19, 2006
Maine
Pat my shop is telling me there is no way I can use my a5k where my lb7 is egr without doing a lot of fabbing. Is this total bull or is he correct. Would I have to try and tune my egr blocking through my efi (cuz I'm not smart enough to figure that out)or would a delete piece do the trick?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
He is full of shit. LB7's have EGR/non-EGR configs, you use the non-EGR pieces to get rid of the EGR.

BUT... I'm not convinced you'd absolutely have to remove the EGR on an LB7 for an A5000. I say remove it because you've voided your warranty anyhow, and all it does is get in the way.