Post your soundsystem pics!

twister773

livin the dream
Apr 14, 2007
central coast
I had a kicker l5 square 10 under my seat...recently got rid of it and now have 3 10 jlw3 behind the seat...i have the box that is custom made to fit under seat of cc....for a square 10...

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Here's part of mine, i'll get more later. High end Pioneer head unit, Direct hooked up Ipod, If I could only figure out how to make the random work right, it seems to play the same 50 songs over and over, but theres over 700 on the ipod :confused:............also have direct wired xm and sirius satallite, 2 10's in the rear box, 1 speaker in each rear door and 3 speakers in each front door. The head unit glows blue, just like the cobalt gauges :D

would you mind explaining that please?? did it come from the factory that way??

im using the window thingajiggamabob and i'm afraid i'm gonna hang myself on all the wires runnin around the cab. is there any way you know of to mount it to the dash or somewhere permanent so it aint hangin in the way?? same thing with the wires.... i got the 600 ft antannae lead stuffed into the overehead, but it flies out everytime i get crazy with the go pedal....

anything you got would help... thx

Last edited:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
well i got the important part atleast 4 now! Eclipse AVN-5495 with HDD, Navi, DSP, DVD, etc. I love it, no cd's opr any of that crap for navi, reads right out of the sky! Best part a bout it is... i traded for it with a stock ford stereo($50) at my old job, suckers cost $2500!:eek: I may have gotten a good deal:rofl:

Last edited:

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Just got two 10"Pioneer shallow mounts installed with a custom ported box and rockford fosgate amp.I dont know all that much about sound systems but im ot really satisfied with it. It doesnt give that real nice clean deep bass i was looking for. Kinda mad at myself right now since that was money that i could have got money and gauges with but ill keep listenin to them and they might grow on me and i might turn out likin them. Ill take some pictures of them and get them up as soon as i can.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Just got two 10"Pioneer shallow mounts installed with a custom ported box and rockford fosgate amp.I dont know all that much about sound systems but im ot really satisfied with it. It doesnt give that real nice clean deep bass i was looking for. Kinda mad at myself right now since that was money that i could have got money and gauges with but ill keep listenin to them and they might grow on me and i might turn out likin them. Ill take some pictures of them and get them up as soon as i can.

go to walmart and in the fabric section buy the stuff that you would stuff a pillow with, looks kinda like insulation Get enough to completely fill the box with. This will help with the sound quality quite a bit.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
go to walmart and in the fabric section buy the stuff that you would stuff a pillow with, looks kinda like insulation Get enough to completely fill the box with. This will help with the sound quality quite a bit.

Thanks for the advice. Ill give it a try. How do i get at the inside of the box. Next wave did it. They made me a custom box and it looks like its got backing on it. Should i try to unscrew the screws in the back panel. With i run the risk of pullin on some wires too hard?

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Thanks for the advice. Ill give it a try. How do i get at the inside of the box. Next wave did it. They made me a custom box and it looks like its got backing on it. Should i try to unscrew the screws in the back panel. With i run the risk of pullin on some wires too hard?

There should be 6 - 8 screws holding the speakers in the box, just unscrew them and pull the speaker out and stuff the pillow ticking into that hole. I completely stuffed mine full and re-installed the speaker. There will be enough slack in the wires, if not, just look where they are plugged in and unplug them, its not hard to do.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
got a pinoeer 2600 set of JL 2.5" in the dash and JL 6x9 in boxs bouncing on the floor of my wagon.. no sound insulation what so ever :rofl:
sounds purty good when the engine is OFF cant really hear when the engine is ON :rofl:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas

what he said is true. did that to my bass speaker, made the sound more of a solid thump instead of a hollow bang (best way i can describe it :eek:).....

i personally like it better this way. give it a shot, it's cheap at least :D

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Thanks LarryJewell for the suggestion. I just stuffed my box and my bass is so much cleaner. Just a little quieter not much but it made my bass sound a bunch better. Made me appreciate my subs a more.

03Tommy

Jun 2, 2008
Weston, Mo
Whats the biggest sub you can get into a Extented Cab..?

Well, do you need your back seat? Check out our old Yukon. It used to belong to a buddy of mine that owns the shop i work at part time. We could put a couple of these 18's in an extended cab or crew cab. Have to lose the seat in an extended cab, and just the one side of a crew cab.http://www.nwaudio.net/YukonDemo.html

yukonbackopen.jpg

Last edited:

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
Heres one of my basic system, Panasonic head unit, Pioneer 4 way front 6" door speakers, 3 way rear 4"x6" speakers, Alpine 12" sub and Alpine amp.

Last edited:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Also had a lilliput 7" touchscreen mounted up front running a carputer with Verizon wireless internet and a Kyocera WiFi router, with external amps and antennas LOL. I was a rolling hotspot basically broadcasting the Verizon highspeed wireless from my truck, AP named SIKDMAX and everything hahah. I could be within a 1.5 mile radius of my truck and have the highspeed internet anywhere - in class or at jobsites with no net or whatever, and others could access it as well if I gave them the password. The truck was networked to my home computer over the internet and therefore could access my entire collection of music/movies from the road and play them over the vehicle audio system or watch them on the W200 and/or touchscreen. Was pretty slick :D

This is what i am setting up now....my local stereo guy looked at me like i had 5 heads:rofl: ....the touchscreen will be a 6 disc changer and will control the cpu under the rear seat with a broadband router and run EFI Live and Google Maps with a separate camera input for back-up to the sled. just going to put the Bose Lux amp in and call the sound good. I will never have a dead spot with cell phone since it works off WI-FI!! just need to know where to get the CPU from now....found the head unit on Ebay for $750.