Post your soundsystem pics!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Dan how is that set-up with low bass? Like Rap? Is it solid sounding?

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
The box is a little on the small side, It does not play very low.. Plus the cabs on the turcks are not big enough for deep bass, you need a tahoe or suburban (lower resonate freq).

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
The box is a little on the small side, It does not play very low.. Plus the cabs on the turcks are not big enough for deep bass, you need a tahoe or suburban (lower resonate freq).

Hehe... I used to have a Tahoe with 4 L7 12 Kickers in a 9 cubic foot ported box.... 3 ports 21" long by 6" diameter.... tahoes resonate quite nicely :D:D

RDub

Resident of AN
Mar 31, 2008
Not really a good pic, but heres my sound system :D

Dmax%20021.jpg

NukleusX

Stuck in a P7100 world.
my current system in my goat sucks.... its outta my old goat.... my new system performed super well until an electrical problem (box was not mounted properly thanks to me, and it slid, disconnecting some power wires; during a back street race session vs a PSD, which i won but lost my subs)..

My subs were Image Dynamics, I would recommend them to anyone. not sure what the website is but yall can look em up- great SQ as well as SPL. the company advertises that exact thing- "great SQ without sacrificing SPL"....

EDIT: throwin in a pic of the good setup as it sits on garage floor-

Attachments

• 0331081657.jpg
    0331081657.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Also had a lilliput 7" touchscreen mounted up front running a carputer with Verizon wireless internet and a Kyocera WiFi router, with external amps and antennas LOL. I was a rolling hotspot basically broadcasting the Verizon highspeed wireless from my truck, AP named SIKDMAX and everything hahah. I could be within a 1.5 mile radius of my truck and have the highspeed internet anywhere - in class or at jobsites with no net or whatever, and others could access it as well if I gave them the password. The truck was networked to my home computer over the internet and therefore could access my entire collection of music/movies from the road and play them over the vehicle audio system or watch them on the W200 and/or touchscreen. Was pretty slick :D

Now that's just bad ass! :cool2:

yankeeland

Apr 12, 2007
Here's mine now. before and after the truck got vandalized. There goes some of my turbo money.

Attachments

• Carbon.JPG
    Carbon.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN0755.JPG
    DSCN0755.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 123

NukleusX

Stuck in a P7100 world.
An update on my previous post in thread, had a buddy with more stereo & electical knowledge help me diagnose problem with my good system (photographed in my previous post). It is back up and running, and faulty was wiring somewhere.

Boy am I happy, I love how these 2 10's sound in my single cab- PLENTY of bass..... And to think, the company I got the box from makes a box for 2 12's for single cabs.... Guess some people really wanna go deaf. :rofl:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
anybody had any lucks with 12's behind the seat?

You can do it in an extended cab, Crew Cab is hard though. Need to relocate the seats to make room for the box. I will be trying something like this at the end of the month-hopefully it works.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Very nice systems you have there.

Heck, mine's just a standard LUX system with a Nav unit and console 6-disc. Nothing special, but I like it.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Also had a lilliput 7" touchscreen mounted up front running a carputer with Verizon wireless internet and a Kyocera WiFi router, with external amps and antennas LOL. I was a rolling hotspot basically broadcasting the Verizon highspeed wireless from my truck, AP named SIKDMAX and everything hahah. I could be within a 1.5 mile radius of my truck and have the highspeed internet anywhere - in class or at jobsites with no net or whatever, and others could access it as well if I gave them the password. The truck was networked to my home computer over the internet and therefore could access my entire collection of music/movies from the road and play them over the vehicle audio system or watch them on the W200 and/or touchscreen. Was pretty slick :D

sounds badass. I may have to do something along those lines.

CancerPipe

Aug 8, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
I was thinking shallow mount 12" under the seat. Maybe you could build a box to fit one. All i want is just one 12" and i'm gonna try to make it work.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I don't think in the CCSB there is enough room under to do a 12 in a box or a 10 for that matter. Infact, to do 2-12's behind the seat I needed to move my rear seats ahead 1 1/2".
I will have pics tomorrow night if all goes well at the stereo shop tomorrow.