Possible Triples Setup, will it work?

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I have no hard feelings towards you at all. Some of the shit you come up with is very entertaining. I just don't like when you write something like "hx35s are too big, you should use s366s" when in fact a 366 is much larger. Thats all. Can be misleading. I have picked up a ton of info over the past year and I know you have as well. But I don't know everything and try and keep out of threads like this because I don't have much to contribute. Stick to what you know.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I dont know much, but Dont those hy/hx 35's seem kinda big to triple into a stock charger?

Just food for thought.....Mark Broviak is running two s366's into his vgt72 and getting close to 1200whp

Just an idea, I think you might wanna try and sell the two turbos you are thinking to use in a trip set up, and get one bigger one and running twins for now, something like a billet s475-80, and batmo the stocker. Go from there:dontknow: I like the idea of triples, don't get me wrong:hug:

I am hoping mark duplicates the triple set up he is currently running, and he starts selling it as a kit:thumb::thumb::thumb:

:Charger::Charger::Charger:

Trojan. Buddy, I think I didn't write that clearly, if you think I was suggesting to go from hy/hx35 to s366's. I was merely showing that the 366 was close to the same size as a hy/HX35 and using a power example of what they were capable of from Marks truck, to try and show that the set up the guy was thinking about, may have been too big for his intentions:hug:

Trent was doing I believe s256 turbos over stock
here is a follow up^^^

That seems much more appropriate:thumb: and I bet it would absolutely rip for its power potential

And here is what I wrote about it.^^^

Kinda hard pressed to indicate I was telling the guy to go to the bigger s366

Sometimes I feel like I'm just the favorite dog to kick though....:roflmao:

:hello:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Another thread that should of been about tech ruined by BS posts.
Oh man ,you again

You were just calling a spade a spade.
Really, wow...why don't you take that stick out your ass for a change and sit down so we can have a little chat. This thread is far from ruined, so stuff it, adding a b.s post about b.s posts seems redundant, unless that the only way you see fit to turn the tide of conversation, that's fine, now I have a better idea of what I'm dealing with.

There are those that kick a dog cuz it's always under their foot, and then there are those who just look for a dog...sometimes a specific one. I really must not have conveyed my thought very well with you making that comment to me as well. However, if you were to put an iota of thought into what I did post, it's pretty clear...

Can you please elaborate as to where i posted bs or as to where the thread got ruined, me and trojan had a back and forth but thats it? also please explain as to why I, or any of us should care about your thoughts, you've been around a while and supposedly work on these trucks everyday, but I rarely see you post anything positive or helpful...

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Oh man ,you again

Really, wow...why don't you take that stick out your ass for a change and sit down so we can have a little chat. This thread is far from ruined, so stuff it, adding a b.s post about b.s posts seems redundant, unless that the only way you see fit to turn the tide of conversation, that's fine, now I have a better idea of what I'm dealing with.

There are those that kick a dog cuz it's always under their foot, and then there are those who just look for a dog...sometimes a specific one. I really must not have conveyed my thought very well with you making that comment to me as well. However, if you were to put an iota of thought into what I did post, it's pretty clear...

Can you please elaborate as to where i posted bs or as to where the thread got ruined, me and trojan had a back and forth but thats it? also please explain as to why I, or any of us should care about your thoughts, you've been around a while and supposedly work on these trucks everyday, but I rarely see you post anything positive or helpful...

:)

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
Oh man ,you again

Fer Chrissake learn to shut up.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Yes. The very first triple setup was on a stock LB7/ stock turbo, and EFI. I watched it dyno around 550 and 1117tq (mustang dyno uncorrected, 4400' elevation) with less than max tuning. I believe it later did over 600 hp. The whole point of doing triples was to get quicker spoolup with lots of air capacity. That setup moved more air than a single 480. Throttle response was instantaneous, there was no turbo lag. It's a good combination for stock engine/turbo. That crewcab longbed accelerated like crazy and was fun to drive.

This sounds like the best setup. Been tested and proven.

While we are on the topic, is there a formula to figure out how twins flow? Ex. What twin setups are equivalent to the flow of a single turbo. (Like is an s480 over 68 flow as much as an s475 single?) and to figure out the flow rates of tripples?

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
All you do is ad up the amount of air that each low pressure turbo will flow, doesn't matter if you have 4 turbos (assuming they are parallel like most triple setups)