Possible Triples Setup, will it work?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Your desire to ask questions is NOT fueled by desire to learn, but instead by the desire to sound knowledgeable.
:laugh:Dood, you are soo dead wrong it's laughable, I could care less if anyone here thinks I know anything, all I really care about is building my truck to the best of its potential at any given time of its build

You still have not elaborated on your earlier comment, you would rather skirt the answer and play games quoting famous people and play Dr. Drew Diesel and try and explain my action and thoughts
:rolleyes:
Way to contribute...

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
You quoted a small church pastor? He who then seems to have used a phrase used by another French minister, Jean Leclercq, to :eek: make himself sound intelligent!

I am curious though, how have you applied your knowledge gained from this forum? I will give you credit, you are a persistent "seeker" of knowledge judging by your past posts in tech threads wondering about how twins work and how turbos work. Those posts are among those wondering what you got your wife as a gift and the random posts about what you ate for dinner on any given day.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
what juddeski88 was probably trying to say, is we are only confronting the compressor side of the turbos. There has been no talk about correct sizing of the turbines for triples.

That is what I thought he was trying to say. :eek:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
:laugh:Dood, you are soo dead wrong it's laughable, I could care less if anyone here thinks I know anything, all I really care about is building my truck to the best of its potential at any given time of its build

You still have not elaborated on your earlier comment, you would rather skirt the answer and play games quoting famous people and play Dr. Drew Diesel and try and explain my action and thoughts
:rolleyes:
Way to contribute...

If you care to build your truck, do it. Build it. learn from mistakes. Or get lucky and either A.) pay someone who already knows what they are doing to build it and be happy with it running awesome until it breaks, or B.) be happy with your first attempt and run it until something breaks.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
what juddeski88 was probably trying to say, is we are only confronting the compressor side of the turbos. There has been no talk about correct sizing of the turbines for triples.

That's what I said, not what I was trying to say. You read well:thumb:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
If you care to build your truck, do it. Build it. learn from mistakes. Or get lucky and either A.) pay someone who already knows what they are doing to build it and be happy with it running awesome until it breaks, or B.) be happy with your first attempt and run it until something breaks.
Well thank you:thumb:

That was completely and utterly, less than un-helpful.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Honestly, you should take it as constructive criticism Jason. If I hadn't done exactly as I told people I was going to do in the past 4 years of building my truck, being active on forums and working on other duramaxes before that and in the meantime, I would've learned nothing. Hell, I have forgotten probably 75% of the useful tech info I have learned from reading because I have not yet applied it. Someone often will tell me, "How can you not remember that, you posted in that thread or asked that question years ago."
You will never learn until you follow through. Not to mention, your truck and your goals and expectations are different than anyone's who may be telling you what you should do with your truck. You will never know what you like until you try something.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
You quoted a small church pastor? He who then seems to have used a phrase used by another French minister, Jean Leclercq, to :eek: make himself sound intelligent!

Huh? Jason Strand is me bro, I was not aware of anyone speaking those words before me, they were my own;)

I am curious though, how have you applied your knowledge gained from this forum? I will give you credit, you are a persistent "seeker" of knowledge judging by your past posts in tech threads wondering about how twins work and how turbos work. Those posts are among those wondering what you got your wife as a gift and the random posts about what you ate for dinner on any given day.

I've applied what little knowledge I have, and the little money i have into my truck over the last two years and have built(or had built, tranny, turbo, diff's) imo a pretty solid ride.
The engine is still stock, and I plan to keep it that way for some time, during that time I plan to build the power level up to its breaking point, and hopefully that will happen when I can afford it. I plan to have my 4094 modified by Danville next month, then I am going to install the turbo, 12mm cp3 and 60 overs, maybe by next summer I will be able to run some triples, and see what happens, then I'll build the or rather, have an engine purpose built for me. I've got just about everything you can get for one of our trucks, with the plan to GO BIG in the future.
I don't recall ever talking about gifts for my wife, or what I ate for dinner, but it could've happened. I do remember, and did discuss praising my wife for putting up with this shit, that's about it.

Yea, I understand that's what he was saying, I just wanted him to elaborate on his thought, since no one else had, and here we are, still waiting for Judd to impart his performance diesel wisdom unto us

That's what I said, not what I was trying to say. You read well:thumb:

It was a cryptic statement, you know it too. The title under your user name says "here to learn tech stuff" I guess there were not enough characters available to also have "but not willing to share it"

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Jason.... Most regulars here on the site recognize your passion. Passion is good. I don't much care for a lot of what Tim says. He comes off cocky, perpetuates stupid arguments, and is rudely condescending. However I wouldn't for a second question his experience, knowledge, or skill. This board is much better off with him. Ignore his jabs and just try and learn from him.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Honestly, you should take it as constructive criticism Jason. If I hadn't done exactly as I told people I was going to do in the past 4 years of building my truck, being active on forums and working on other duramaxes before that and in the meantime, I would've learned nothing. Hell, I have forgotten probably 75% of the useful tech info I have learned from reading because I have not yet applied it. Someone often will tell me, "How can you not remember that, you posted in that thread or asked that question years ago."
You will never learn until you follow through. Not to mention, your truck and your goals and expectations are different than anyone's who may be telling you what you should do with your truck. You will never know what you like until you try something.

:thumb:
:happy2:
Now I actually feel like Were communicating

I understand that knowledge learned without application will be lost, that why I write everything down, lol, if I don't apply the words they will be forgotten. I guess maybe you are telling me to learn when I am ready to apply it. I also understand I cannot expect all info give to be applicable to my truck and the goals I have for it, everything is taken with a grain of salt. I know I need to try it to know if I will like it, but sometime I walk through the grocery store and put stuff in the cart and "own" it for a minute, then put it back once I realize I didn't need or like it. That's kinda what I try to get out of the forum, I try and get as much info from others as possible and "own" their build through their experience or performance specs, then decide weather or not I am going to put it back

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
[COLOR="Red"Google that phrase and see what you find, haha. I found it amusing, and even more amusing now given that your last name is Strand.][/COLOR][quote="Hot COCOAL, post: 749217"]Huh? Jason Strand is me bro, I was not aware of anyone speaking those words before me, they were my own;)

I've applied what little knowledge I have, and the little money i have into my truck over the last two years and have built(or had built, tranny, turbo, diff's) imo a pretty solid ride.
The engine is still stock, and I plan to keep it that way for some time, during that time I plan to build the power level up to its breaking point, and hopefully that will happen when I can afford it. I plan to have my 4094 modified by Danville next month, then I am going to install the turbo, 12mm cp3 and 60 overs, maybe by next summer I will be able to run some triples, and see what happens, then I'll build the or rather, have an engine purpose built for me. I've got just about everything you can get for one of our trucks, with the plan to GO BIG in the future.
I don't recall ever talking about gifts for my wife, or what I ate for dinner, but it could've happened. I do remember, and did discuss praising my wife for putting up with this shit, that's about it.

Yea, I understand that's what he was saying, I just wanted him to elaborate on his thought, since no one else had, and here we are, still waiting for Judd to impart his performance diesel wisdom unto us
I already offered my advice, did your teachers give you the test answers in school?

It was a cryptic statement, you know it too. The title under your user name says "here to learn tech stuff" I guess there were not enough characters available to also have "but not willing to share it"[/QUOTE]

I was not cryptic at all. I was forthright and vague all in the same post.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
:thumb:
:happy2:
Now I actually feel like Were communicating

I understand that knowledge learned without application will be lost, that why I write everything down, lol, if I don't apply the words they will be forgotten. I guess maybe you are telling me to learn when I am ready to apply it. I also understand I cannot expect all info give to be applicable to my truck and the goals I have for it, everything is taken with a grain of salt. I know I need to try it to know if I will like it, but sometime I walk through the grocery store and put stuff in the cart and "own" it for a minute, then put it back once I realize I didn't need or like it. That's kinda what I try to get out of the forum, I try and get as much info from others as possible and "own" their build through their experience or performance specs, then decide weather or not I am going to put it back

Then maybe, just maybe do some more reading... :eek:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Jason, have you done the majority of the labor on your truck? As far as installing parts and diagnosing small problems? Or have you paid a shop to turn your wrenches?

Reason I asked, I personally can read until my eyes bleed, but I learn more in an hour of turning a wrench then I could ever learn from reading.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Jason.... Most regulars here on the site recognize your passion. Passion is good. I don't much care for a lot of what Tim says. He comes off cocky, perpetuates stupid arguments, and is rudely condescending. However I wouldn't for a second question his experience, knowledge, or skill. This board is much better off with him. Ignore his jabs and just try and learn from him.

Yeah, I know Tim is a very knowledgable individual, I've read lots of his posts, which is why I am continuing down this road with him, not backing down while still trying to keep his honest interest hoping I can finagle the info outta him;) I genuinely want Tim's feedback

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.

How more members don't sit around finding ways to irritate online personalities baffles me. I think it's hilarious. Even more funny sometimes is what rumors start and circulate off of this board due to said stupid arguments and condescending remarks:D

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Jason, have you done the majority of the labor on your truck? As far as installing parts and diagnosing small problems? Or have you paid a shop to turn your wrenches?

Reason I asked, I personally can read until my eyes bleed, but I learn more in an hour of turning a wrench then I could ever learn from reading.

I didn't build my trans, set up my gears or install my turbo, the turbo thing just happened out of circumstance, the other two, well I had too much money in parts to trust myself with the build, as far as diagnosing small issues, I do that, I installed everything else on my truck though, everything...well, except the cal tracs, I had those professionally installed, just cuz the job looked like a pita with the pressing in and out of sleeves and all.

It's a big list of bolt on's, all of it was pretty easy though, I really enjoy working on my truck, it brings me great joy and pride to say so too, I can learn from reading, and I have always tested well, but a person will learn more and faster doing things hands on, most definately

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
I didn't build my trans, set up my gears or install my turbo, the turbo thing just happened out of circumstance, the other two, well I had too much money in parts to trust myself with the build, as far as diagnosing small issues, I do that, I installed everything else on my truck though, everything...well, except the cal tracs, I had those professionally installed, just cuz the job looked like a pita with the pressing in and out of sleeves and all.

It's a big list of bolt on's, all of it was pretty easy though, I really enjoy working on my truck, it brings me great joy and pride to say so too, I can learn from reading, and I have always tested well, but a person will learn more and faster doing things hands on, most definately

sooo.. what exactly have you installed? lift pump...?:confused: