Porting/Polishing LLY Turbo

NAFLASH

Aug 22, 2010
NAFLASH,
Did you open up the whole exhaust side? You may have trouble spooling the turbo now being you changed the air flow characteristics on the discharge of the turbine wheel; meaning you'll loose alot of air between the turbine wheel and exhaust housing. I have no proof of this but it makes sense in my mind, haha.

Yellowchevy

I took a little out. I hope I didnt screw up :eek:

NAFLASH

Aug 22, 2010
I'm thinking it will be okay. I only took out about .010" or less. The radius is still there where it rolls from vane surface to outlet

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
From talking to Muff an LBZ exhausting should work too. I'd have to take measurements to be sure.

Yellowchevy

I pulled some measurements off both housings real quick the other day. They look and measure identical on the outside. I can't vouch for the inside. I'll pull more accurate measurements tmrw and report back.

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
The lly and lbz exhaust housings are the same, the only difference may be the size of the bore where the wheel sits. If you are porting the charger out however this would not matter. The guy thats building this charger has the lly turbine wheel so i wasn't able to compare the lbz turbine wheel to the lly. Whenever he gives me the lly wheel back ill compare it vs the lbz and post the differences. Im sure the wheel size's are on the interweb somewhere but i wanna measure them on the bench just to be extra sure.

NAFLASH

Aug 22, 2010
I haven't put it on yet. I don't want to take a chance. Its a bitch to get out lol

NAFLASH

Aug 22, 2010
I have an lmm charger housing I'll be porting now. Unless I can find an lly/ lbz housing soon

NAFLASH

Aug 22, 2010
The lly turbine will not fit in the lmm turbine housing. It will take some grinding to get it to fit.

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
But the overall size of the housing is the same? I believe the diameter of the bore on the lbz and lmm are smaller than the lly. Other than that i think they are all 3 identical.