Pitman arm

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Wally did you have an issue with the pitman from rp? Mines been solid thus far.

I agree Definitely still need a brace, I rolled mine pretty good on st patties day haha

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Yes I did. When you say yours has been "solid so far", I have to laugh. It isn't solid - that's the problem :) . It has a ball and socket joint that lets it move freely all over; look at their own technical drawings. It does nothing to help keep the centerlink from rolling. RP claims that their idler arm has a pin that stops the roll and the pitman moves freely to prevent binding. Well, that's all well and good except the idler cannot do all of the work itself. Before I added the DHD brace (unneeded if you ask RP), I destroyed the pin on my Ultimate Idler Arm and rolled up the centerlink! Prior to this, I had the Moog and did tons of harder launches without damage. FWIW, the Ultimate Idler uses a stronger and larger pin than RP, so it's not to blame.

So if you are running the RP make damned sure that you add the DHD Brace or Congito braces.

When you come down to NJ I'll show you the carnage. I saved the pin and have video and pictures, LOL.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I also would like to know. I can't give a single complaint to my rare parts with dhd brace set up.

That's because you have the DHD brace. If you listen to RP, it's not needed. But if you remove it you'll be in the same shape that I was in when I rolled up my centerlink as described above.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Good info, and yeah please do!

Mine is solid as in keeps the front end working in unison. Before I've noted on here that the whole front end had less of an overall improvement than I expected; I know in snow and rain... and road pitch and everywhere else that I still have a fair bit of play going down the road. The tires are turning together solidly though! Hah. Maybe it is time I grab a brace. The dhd Works if I'm cranked a bit still right?

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
I knocked the tow out more rhan3 degrees when I rolled mine, still seemed good getting it straightened out. Good thing they have a good warranty hah

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
The stock idler pivot is the only thing I've never bent, granted I've always had braces or a straight centerlink.

I actually just used the spare off my LLY on my LMM.

I've really been thinking about pulling my centerlink and going to a stock one with a dhd brace just because I can feel the tires kinda slide/drag when the roads are wet, nothing dangerous I don't think, it still bothers me, but on the other hand I don't want to have to replace a bunch of bent parts the one or two times a year I have to really work my 4x4.