Pitman arm

830king

Oct 24, 2013
Central MN
I have rare parts pitman and idler arms. They are beefy, and so far had zero problems with them. I also have a kryptonite ss centerlink and a dhd brace, and kryptonite tie rods. I'd say weakest point in my set up is the moog idler support.... I'll find out in a couple weeks when I get my trans from Evan

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Is it just a tight kinda grab or do you literally have no steering like it hits a physical stop for a second?
It's like it sucks you into the turn and clunks on it's way back out of it too, but only going forward, not in reverse. Kinda hard to explain

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
It's like it sucks you into the turn and clunks on it's way back out of it too, but only going forward, not in reverse. Kinda hard to explain

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mine does the same, I'm going with leaf issues and the g80 pulling shenanigans. Mine does it only when turning right

Hernpj01

On a Time Out
Sep 23, 2014
Indiana
If you were going to piece together a great solution for pitman, idler, centerlink, tierods or even sleeves with dhd or cognito supports what would you offer as a package? cost and quality is important so keep that into consideration.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Rare parts arms, rods and support. Dhd brace. Straight centerlink of choice prolly empire or whatever reg runs, seems to be best price ish. rare parts makes a centerlink but seems to be equivalent to oem. Can't find any info on it other than it's in their order catalogue

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I don't think the DHD brace would work well with a straight center link.

I would do a Dmax store style centerlink and tie rods.

PPE Pitman arm, and idler arm.

And a super steer idler pivot, with a weld in gusset.

In my opinion that would be the best of all worlds, only thing stronger would be a straight centerlink with the above mentioned parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
if you have a straight centerlink there's no need to worry about it rolling, so nix the DHD brace (which prolly wouldn't fit anyway).

The Kryptonite is good, but still rolls and the Rare parts alone will NOT stop it if you have good power and a lot of weight.

My current setup seems rock solid:
Kryptonite centerlink and tie rods
Kryptonite large welded gusset
Rare pitman -- which I would NOT buy again. Get a Moog or other.
Ultimate Idler Arm - out of business, so pick another.
Henderson idler
DHD brace
DHD lower control arm connecting bracket

She turns and handles way better than my old 1.5" straight centerlink! To do it again, I'd mirror the above, but wait and see how it was with the stock centerlink before buying the Kryptonite; it may not be needed!