Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
FWIW, my bars are dropped about as far as they can be without taking the bolts out completely. With the 2'' drop shackles in the rear it sits damn near perfectly level

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
my truck has stock rear end and the front t-bars lowered most of the way , a 2" drop shack would be pretty close to level .

lol i ment ill either pull the lift and do what you did with a 2" drop shackle or ill leave the lift on and put a 2" block in the rear and lower the front of the truck 1-1.5"

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
FWIW, my bars are dropped about as far as they can be without taking the bolts out completely. With the 2'' drop shackles in the rear it sits damn near perfectly level

i have the same set up and I still have a slight rake, it was only completely level when i removed the overload. but yes it is close

2wd vs 4wd may be the diff...

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Wow the Black Limo is turning into a lowered weinermobile! :(

I change my mind everyday but I think I'm settled on this 4" stance thingy I got going on....its a tough decision I know.

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Dont be a bitch James and just lower the thing already :D. You guys and your lifts need to man up and stop over compensating :rofl:

chevytuf01

Dirty Deeds
Jul 2, 2010
Rileyville Virginia
Last year i had 2" blocks in the rear and t bars turned all the way up ... I ditched the blocks and lowered the t bars back down and still running my 305/70 16 ... best decision i ever made was to lower it back drives like a dream and launched awesome now in 4x4:woott:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
James i think the best looking stance is 2'' drop spindles in the front and 3'' drop shackles in the rear. Still keep the stock torsion keys and all the leaf springs. Speaking of torsion keys I'm looking to take my lowering keys out and put stock ones in if anyone has a set of stock keys PM me! Or if you don't want to do spindles just throw my lowering keys in the front and put shackles on the rear:thumb:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
James i think the best looking stance is 2'' drop spindles in the front and 3'' drop shackles in the rear. Still keep the stock torsion keys and all the leaf springs. Speaking of torsion keys I'm looking to take my lowering keys out and put stock ones in if anyone has a set of stock keys PM me! Or if you don't want to do spindles just throw my lowering keys in the front and put shackles on the rear:thumb:

Too low. what ever i can get with relaxed stock keys and splindle/arms is what ill run. anything lower will really hinder me off road and it still has to see some off road duty. I have some stock keys for you though mark. shoot me an offer on them and they are yours :D.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Im getting ready to change mine up a bit, I'm leaving the drop spindles on and swapping out the lowering keys for stock ones. That will raise the front back up about 2" then im going to add my leafs back in to raise the back 2''. IMO the best looking stance you can get on a Dmax is a dim 3/5 kit with 20'' wheels and 285 tires(Of course Nitto 420's):D

chevytuf01

Dirty Deeds
Jul 2, 2010
Rileyville Virginia
Did you take you over load springs out ?
Im getting ready to change mine up a bit, I'm leaving the drop spindles on and swapping out the lowering keys for stock ones. That will raise the front back up about 2" then im going to add my leafs back in to raise the back 2''. IMO the best looking stance you can get on a Dmax is a dim 3/5 kit with 20'' wheels and 285 tires(Of course Nitto 420's):D

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

i dunno man. the way the truck sat when you picked it up from brian looked awesome. its my fav lowered truck to date. i just would never be able to go that low do to functionality

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
Me and you are in the same boat James. Every evening I get on here and I say to myself.... Yep... It's coming off. Then I walk outside and see my truck, and my mind changes again. Huge dilemma :rofl:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
This was 2" spindles, and 3" drop keys in front, DJM hangers, and 4" shackles, and al leafs remvoed but 2 per side (main & 3rd)
Fender clearance was 3" front and 4.5" back.
0728111124b.jpg

This was the original DJM 3/5 halfway cranked in front, full spring pack w/ overload in rear, 3" shackles, 2" hangers.

DSC00176-1.jpg

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
James it is still going to be slammed:D Im just looking to get it back to the second picture Brian posted. Maybe a inch lower in the front and rear than the 2nd pic brian just posted.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
James it is still going to be slammed:D Im just looking to get it back to the second picture Brian posted. Maybe a inch lower in the front and rear than the 2nd pic brian just posted.

that would still look good. that truck combo just seems like it was put together "right" for me for the stance and look.

Hizere James :thumb: This 3/5 on looooooooooooooooooong bed.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3751828&postcount=14

ooohhh, i kinda like that :angel: