People driving around with there brights on...

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Trust me 55 watt high beams, 35 watt low beams, and 35 watt fog all HIDS with all on mod, when the F-ers won't dim there lights I flash them... They dim them instantly everytime:angel:

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
How about the idiots that drive around with there headlights on during the day because there too lazy to clean the junk mail off there dash?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I hate when people think I have my high beams on and flash me. I guess most people dont know the inside lights are the brights, not the outside.

I think I'm the only person I know that turns my lights off in a drive thru or toll booth.

I would be bad at this I bet, but I haven't been in a line for either of those in years probably. I do feel kind of bad for the people in little cars that my truck lights up the whole cabin of, but if it really bothers them I guess they should tint their windows. I do try and keep enough space that it doesn't glare off their mirrors.

I really love the idiots that flash their low beams at you when you flash them letting them know the highs are on. One pissed me off enough I just left the highs on till I passed him.

Just finished adding some wiring to one of my trucks that turns on the lows and fogs with the highs....

I once drove a 900 mile trip nonstop over night with my HIs on. I was in a unfamiliar vehicle that had a light on the dash to tell you the DRLs where on, so when I flipped the lights on I didn't notice the HI beam indicator. I didn't get flashed but a couple times. I know I did flash one of them my Lows and didn't notice, but it was well into my trip:banghead:

I don't understand how peoples driving has gotten so horrid overall.

Its not just driving with their brights on, its inability to stay in their lane, inability to merge into traffic, inability to read signs that tell them their lane is about to end, their inability to maneuver in parking lots, inability to park,

IT BLOWS MY F#*$IN MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have gotten over most of the other things they do. I spend way to much time on the road to be angry all the time...:thumb:

I was a driving instructor for a year and you wouldn't believe the questions i got asked. I'm not talking about kids that just got their license out of high school either. Hi/Low beams, wiper intervals, yield vs. stop, merging onto the highway etc. I distinctly remember one, "My car has the shifter down here(floor), how do i put this one in gear(column F350)". I usually just stared at them and shook my head.

I don't flash people w/ their hi beams on due to the gang problem around here. That is a known initiation tactic to see who flashes you, you then become their target.

I don't know how you could do such a job.

I frequent some really bad parts of town. Ones that cops tell you to leave after dark. Never had any real issues. I've have had my hand on my S&W and turned around and left some gas stations right after pulling up into a spot though.

How about the idiots that drive around with there headlights on during the day because there too lazy to clean the junk mail off there dash?

Hey thats a contractors filing cabinet.:roflmao: I don't know how they do it. The glare during the day drives me nuts and I drive a little to spiritedly.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Your guys trucks are clearly too low to let this issue bug you lol.

People driving with their highs on has never bugged me even when behind me. My tint kills most of the light out.

What gets me is guys flashing me as if my highs are on, I flash back, then they turn their brights on and leave them on. Sadly for them, my light bar and HIDs win that game

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
I don't understand how peoples driving has gotten so horrid overall.

Its not just driving with their brights on, its inability to stay in their lane, inability to merge into traffic, inability to read signs that tell them their lane is about to end, their inability to maneuver in parking lots, inability to park,

IT BLOWS MY F#*$IN MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its really bad out here in CA... Especially with prius and any other small car that have no concept of driving and common sense....When your lane is ending don't wait until the last second to merge, do it waaay before then.. of course people do it to me when I am towing my trailer and they get pissed at me because I didn't give them room...well, your the one not paying attention to a truck with a trailer next to you....lol

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Applying rules of the sea to roads would fix a lot of propbkems.. Bigger(length/weight) more right away it has.. If there is a wreck smaller vehicle is at fault

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
People with cheap HID's stuffed in the crap stock housings are probably the only things that annoys me more than people who drive around with their high beams on.

I dont care what you think, I dont care what your eyes might be tricking you into thinking, but you really arent seeing that much better than stock headlights. And you're annoying the crap out of everyone else on the road. And dont say you "have them aimed correctly to compensate". There is no compensating for a housing that is designed for a light source in a completely different location. Stick with your stock halogen bulbs or stop being lazy and retrofit a proper set of bi-xenon projectors. After getting used to my retrofit for a couple years, I realize how pathetic the stock-housings-with-HIDs are when I drive friends' trucks (who have stock housings with cheap HID's)...its such a relief when I get back into my truck and have light that is actually EVENLY DISTRIBUTED, focused, and doesnt blind oncoming drivers, or people in front of me in lower cars.

But then again why do I even bother ranting about this...no one listens to me and everyone thinks im full of shit anyways. :dontknow:

Ben

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Ben, I complain about the HID thing constantly. Especially if they're behind me and I'm in my car. No one seems to understand that the projectors have a cut off point for the light and focus the beam toward the road, where it should be.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Projectors are tits. Converted my Caddy and plan on doing the Dmax if it would stop breaking down. Got my kit from theretrofitsource.com. Way cheaper to do than you would think!

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
People with cheap HID's stuffed in the crap stock housings are probably the only things that annoys me more than people who drive around with their high beams on.

I dont care what you think, I dont care what your eyes might be tricking you into thinking, but you really arent seeing that much better than stock headlights. And you're annoying the crap out of everyone else on the road. And dont say you "have them aimed correctly to compensate". There is no compensating for a housing that is designed for a light source in a completely different location. Stick with your stock halogen bulbs or stop being lazy and retrofit a proper set of bi-xenon projectors. After getting used to my retrofit for a couple years, I realize how pathetic the stock-housings-with-HIDs are when I drive friends' trucks (who have stock housings with cheap HID's)...its such a relief when I get back into my truck and have light that is actually EVENLY DISTRIBUTED, focused, and doesnt blind oncoming drivers, or people in front of me in lower cars.

But then again why do I even bother ranting about this...no one listens to me and everyone thinks im full of shit anyways. :dontknow:

Ben

Amen, I despise idiots (sadly pickup trucks love to toss HIDs in every available outlet and run it all on at night) who run cheapo HID "kits". Glare everywhere and local hot spots no better than halogens.

****ing do it right or just get quality halogen bulbs. The highbeams don't bother me near as bad as the cheap HID crap.

And yes, I am holier than thou, love me bi xenon :D:D

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
IMO the cheap HID kits scatter the light so bad I don't think they are as bad. I put one in my GMC(probably the style of lenses) and it putt any amazing amount of light straight up. LOL

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
When I drove with my headlights on brite trust me people would freak Especially when they wouldn't yield the left lane I could literately light up their interior! :D

The old Phillips Ralley 55 w low 100 w highs all 4 on wicked!

Although my biggest pet peeve is people that wont put their headlights on when its raining or at dusk! That really yanks my chain also! :mad:

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
100% agree to all the above. I thought maybe it was just a ohio thing mostly but see its all over united states. Driving slow in the fast lane, texting, can't merge, pulling out in front of someone, Seeing somone is coming far down the road and not hitting dim lights till there right close to you. Driving with one headlight out and the high beams on has been so bad this year its fckin pathetic.