People driving around with there brights on...

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I don't get it. I live in a big city and almost daily see someone driving with their brights on. I often will flash them but it does no good. I wonder if these dumb asses even know what brights are. Its interesting that some of them will have a low burnt out... So they must think they have a spare set of headlights for just such occasions? I don't really mind people that slap cheap HID kits in their vehicles.

I don't really care if they are oncoming cars, but the ones that are behind me get on my nerves. I know its unsafe and stupid, but I would love to mount a big light bar on the back of my truck.:angel:

This drive anyone else nuts?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Thats what automatic headlights and distracted driving have gotten us.

The idiots I cant take are people in HD pickups with the crappy HID retrofits that cant turn their damn lights off when in a line (like a drive thru).

Dmaxbro!

Nice DMax bro!!
Apr 20, 2014
Montreal
I think it's some kind of North American epidemic
I live near Montreal, Canada and I have been noticing these types of high beam idiots...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I love it when you pass someone and they throw their brights on behind you..... I play with the passenger mirror until it shoots the light right back in there eyes LOL. They turn them off real quick.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I see probably 10 rigs a day with brights on.. Drives me crazy..

Even do it in broad daylight. I've just decided they don't have any idea that the vehicle even has 2 headlight options

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I hate when people think I have my high beams on and flash me. I guess most people dont know the inside lights are the brights, not the outside.

Thats what automatic headlights and distracted driving have gotten us.

The idiots I cant take are people in HD pickups with the crappy HID retrofits that cant turn their damn lights off when in a line (like a drive thru).

I think I'm the only person I know that turns my lights off in a drive thru or toll booth.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I really love the idiots that flash their low beams at you when you flash them letting them know the highs are on. One pissed me off enough I just left the highs on till I passed him.

Just finished adding some wiring to one of my trucks that turns on the lows and fogs with the highs....

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'll tell you what bugs the sh*t out of me is these a-holes that have the big LED light bars on the front of their trucks and drive around with them on during the day. WTF!?

But yes, the high beam people are annoying also.

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
I'll tell you what bugs the sh*t out of me is these a-holes that have the big LED light bars on the front of their trucks and drive around with them on during the day. WTF!?

But yes, the high beam people are annoying also.

Because they are KEWL!!! And probly wear flat-billed hats.:roflmao:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I don't understand how peoples driving has gotten so horrid overall.

Its not just driving with their brights on, its inability to stay in their lane, inability to merge into traffic, inability to read signs that tell them their lane is about to end, their inability to maneuver in parking lots, inability to park,

IT BLOWS MY F#*$IN MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I don't understand how peoples driving has gotten so horrid overall.

Its not just driving with their brights on, its inability to stay in their lane, inability to merge into traffic, inability to read signs that tell them their lane is about to end, their inability to maneuver in parking lots, inability to park,

IT BLOWS MY F#*$IN MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This ^^

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Thats simply distracted driving and selfish behavior. The shit I've seen on the roads....wow.

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
I was a driving instructor for a year and you wouldn't believe the questions i got asked. I'm not talking about kids that just got their license out of high school either. Hi/Low beams, wiper intervals, yield vs. stop, merging onto the highway etc. I distinctly remember one, "My car has the shifter down here(floor), how do i put this one in gear(column F350)". I usually just stared at them and shook my head.

I don't flash people w/ their hi beams on due to the gang problem around here. That is a known initiation tactic to see who flashes you, you then become their target.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I was a driving instructor for a year and you wouldn't believe the questions i got asked. I'm not talking about kids that just got their license out of high school either. Hi/Low beams, wiper intervals, yield vs. stop, merging onto the highway etc. I distinctly remember one, "My car has the shifter down here(floor), how do i put this one in gear(column F350)". I usually just stared at them and shook my head.

I don't flash people w/ their hi beams on due to the gang problem around here. That is a known initiation tactic to see who flashes you, you then become their target.

Thats why u always keep you AR and i good side arm with you... We get around geary indiana when we to up to michigan (we do about 6 times a year for family) dad and i both carry the entire trip but around those rough towns like geary we are always ready to defend.

Years ago dad was cut off by a pick up and we were in his 300z turbo i was very young. Dad pulled uo next to the guy to let the other driver know how dumb he was. I remember the guy slowly pulling a large wood stock up into view most likely a shot gun. Dad backed off and followed him to the next stop to ask the guy if he was threatening him and me his soon. The guy gets out of his truck shaking and crying as dad approached with his 1911 drawn. All the guy had was an empty stock. Lol.... This was somwhere near chicago.

Sorry weird tangent. Reading this reminded me of it

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Meh I drive around with my with all 6 hids on... I like how all your faces light up when I drive by:thumb:

Just kidding huge pet peeve of mine as well... I go out of my way to make sure my lights are dimmed well in advance.

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
I like those people that have the stupid little blue bulbs down by the fogs and drive with them on all the time. WTF are they even for? Just to look stupid?

I think the best though is an older cummins painted army green, big ass stacks, cummins across the back window and then the bright green headlights to top it all off. How much can you actually see with those?

But I definitely hear you on the brights, I live in a rural area and it's dark when I drive into work and you wouldn't believe the idiots that just leave them on, you can flash them and still nothing. I also hate it when the stupid *****s turn their brights on before they fully pass you going the opposite way so you get a blast of bright lights and they're gone.