P&R at DP is going nuts

motohed

dirty payback
Apr 15, 2008
escondido, ca
ya, i pop over from time to time to look at marketplace. glance at the forums while im there. never any new info. just noobs looking for info or seniors whining about stuff.

ya search is pretty much the only good thing on the forum now.

Rebelchevy87

Nov 21, 2008
Whitmore Lake, MI
I hadn't been on the place in a long time (Busy w/ work and life), and the last couple days I finally got back to it. I noticed a lot of talk about people being banned and the site being sold (after a little digging). I decided it was time to find a new home, so after a little searching I found this place and here I am.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I hadn't been on the place in a long time (Busy w/ work and life), and the last couple days I finally got back to it. I noticed a lot of talk about people being banned and the site being sold (after a little digging). I decided it was time to find a new home, so after a little searching I found this place and here I am.

Welcome!!!

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Im still trying to help the people out over there when I can. Most of the mods hate me, I dont know why, but Some posts I read and I start shaking my head and feel obligated to help some out (when they start making mistakes). I really should just leave for good but IDK.

I somehow get drawn into threads I really should back away from, and then hell breaks loose, and I get a PM from mods, but I dont back down. Hardly any mod there now knows shit about our trucks and prolly drive gassers anyway but they found a place they can have a little power or something. I think most of the mods/admis over there (2 inpaticulr) got picked on alot in school.

Guess I will await to get in trouble on DP for this post here, one of there mods RI CHEVY SILVERADO or something follows me everywhere and watches over my back and likes to stir shit up with me. He gets all serious over the dumbest shit (politics at that) hes prolly on this board too just waithing to say something...I bet a new PM by morning.

Skyhigh4by

Goin to Poochisloose
Apr 13, 2008
Powell River, BC
There are definatly alot of dumb questions asked over there....or just clueless questions and sometimes they never get a straight or explainative answer. Your doing a good deed MMLMM :D

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
^^ Prolly hasn't made a useful post in close to a year.

I reply to PMs, but only because I get email notification of them..

SFC Cobb

Oct 22, 2008
Hurst, TX
Im still trying to help the people out over there when I can. Most of the mods hate me, I dont know why, but Some posts I read and I start shaking my head and feel obligated to help some out (when they start making mistakes). I really should just leave for good but IDK.

I somehow get drawn into threads I really should back away from, and then hell breaks loose, and I get a PM from mods, but I dont back down. Hardly any mod there now knows shit about our trucks and prolly drive gassers anyway but they found a place they can have a little power or something. I think most of the mods/admis over there (2 inpaticulr) got picked on alot in school.

Guess I will await to get in trouble on DP for this post here, one of there mods RI CHEVY SILVERADO or something follows me everywhere and watches over my back and likes to stir shit up with me. He gets all serious over the dumbest shit (politics at that) hes prolly on this board too just waithing to say something...I bet a new PM by morning.

Don't get to excited about being here and discussing politics or you will get a PM also. I can tell you that for a fact.

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
I don't hate ya but trying to act like we are dumb isn't cool :mad:. Keep it to Tech and you will be fine. That darned P&R is like a warzone at times and I've told others to stay out of it and things will be fine.
BTW, I'll give ya a run for your money turning wrenches :eek:. Maybe I'm the only Mod that will but I can wrech just as good as any one.

Dec 2, 2006
TN
It was fun having access to the "back doors" of the Diesel Place when I was a member there. You would be surprised on the words some of the mod's used to describe people.

I was called every name in the book. I wish I still had those screen shots.. :D

Unit453 is the one I have the most respect for. He was always fair and nice in situations where the others wasn't. It boils down that most mod's there didn't care, and would ban you for any and reason. Chad reading my PM's really got old...

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I suspect it is more like you don't know enough to have an intelligent and civil conversation on the subject so therefore you reject what you don't know.

I also don't wipe my ass with a shower curtain just because it's closer than the toilet paper. :D

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Right, wrong, or otherwise, this board is a hotrod Dmax board.

There are many things we don't encourage posting about here. Politics and Religion are just 2 of them.

Yes, we could get more members and traffic by promoting a P&R forum, but we won't.

There are many sites that are good with it though. If any readers here know of such sites, please post the links here.

www.competitiondiesel.com permits it for one, and has a predominately right-wing userbase.

I'm just slightly more right-wing than John Birch, but my political beliefs have nothing to do with hotrodding, so they stay off the board in general.

For a real "good time" go to the user forum at http://engforum.pravda.ru/, the Russian newspaper. It is one of the largest political forums and highly Left-wing. Do a search on user McRat, I used to argue with the commies there.