Overkill vs Misery (video)

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Dimitri's truck looks heavy IMO. It just looks fat and bulky for some reason lol

I saw him post something on CompDizzle about "having completely blown rear shocks for god knows how long" and that he just discovered they were trashed. Also said he ordered some Fox racing shocks...

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
I would bet that Maxedout weighs less than Overkill and I bet the suspension works better too..... :thumb:

no way a fiberglass front end, 4 link truck weighs more than 6000 lbs dan.

I would bet overkill weighs 5500lbs give or take a 100.

and overkill is a PS truck with slicks and a 4 link set up being compared to a factory leaf spring truck on DOT tires.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
But overkill is still impressive as hell none the less and will be a great Pro Street contender once D gets it dialed it and launching well.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Has to do with internals of the Trans. And I need to add that there is only a portion of these internals that are made by ATS.

Yea when he was talking about his trans he said after he got suncoast parts, he was able to hold 400% more power than what he was holding before. Idk if he meant 400% over stock, or 400% over his previous trans.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Funny. He just got a new Heat treated planet insert, hub, and frictions. It's been rebuilt a few times this year

These are not among the parts I was told about. The truth of this is that D prob swaps different combinations and mixed and matched stuff given to him to try out all the time. The combinations of parts at any given time will only be known by him. He's not going to reveal his secrets nor piss off competing vendors who have both supplied him parts to try. Just my guess on the matter and for the record I regret even perpetuating this part of the topic. It was a mistake and I apologize for that.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
no way a fiberglass front end, 4 link truck weighs more than 6000 lbs dan.

I would bet overkill weighs 5500lbs give or take a 100.

and overkill is a PS truck with slicks and a 4 link set up being compared to a factory leaf spring truck on DOT tires.

:D I'll be your huckleberry.......

What about the 2 HUGE air to waters? full cage and 4 link (NON BACKHALF'D)?

I would bet that the 4 link setup weighs more than the stock suspension.

How much do really think the fiberglass helped? Maybe 50-75 lbs?

I know what my stripped down reg cab weighs......I'm sticking with a little over 6k...

We will have pictures and weights hopefully in the day or so.... for all the haters (Brian this means you):thumb:

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Also, Dimitri was talking about making overkill street legal. Said he drove it to the local gas station and a cop pulled up next to him. Said "now this isn't street legal is it?", talked for a bit and the cop let him go haha.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
:D I'll be your huckleberry.......

What about the 2 HUGE air to waters? full cage and 4 link (NON BACKHALF'D)?

I would bet that the 4 link setup weighs more than the stock suspension.

How much do really think the fiberglass helped? Maybe 50-75 lbs?

I know what my stripped down reg cab weighs......I'm sticking with a little over 6k...

We will have pictures and weights hopefully in the day or so.... for all the haters (Brian this means you):thumb:

Dan,

Brain Spooners truck was a ex cab with fibreglass doors front fender and hood and was 6013lbs with him in it. Meant he was worried about taking a dump and getting dq. From SS
I'd say Brian weigh 200lbs . Iirc the hood and front clip lost them 125lbs but could be wrong?. I ain't hating I just think he would bennifit from losing some wieght!