Ordering a new 2020??

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I was referring to the fact that the Allison is currently manufactured by GM, not Allison. But yes, it was, as you stated, developed by “Allison” while being owned by GM. So if it has had changes and improvements made over the years while being built by GM, is it truly an Allison now? It’s all semantics.

And check your facts, it was not developed with Ford.

It uses the same planetary gear set design...;)

Last edited:

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
You must have read this crap on the internet.

It’s my opinion. The Allison does not handle 600rwhp well at all in stock trim vs a 5r110. That said the driving characteristics of an Allison are miles better than a 5r110 in every imaginable way.

Take a deleted/tuned 6.4 powerstroke for example, they make 600rwhp pretty consistently and carry the power through the gears well due to the compounds. Those transmissions, at least from the trucks I’ve seen in my area and know of as well as worked on, have been holding up trans wise decently well.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
so it seems the new LP5 is getting close to maxing out the Allison, what are they going to do as i assume GM will keep upping the HP/Torque to keep up with the Jones?

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
so it seems the new LP5 is getting close to maxing out the Allison, what are they going to do as i assume GM will keep upping the HP/Torque to keep up with the Jones?

More DeFuel!!!!
Honestly I think before to long we are going to see a diesel/electric combo

Back on topic I vote James gets the graphite color

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN

That’s why they came out with the new 10 speed. It’s much more robust. GM is now allowing ALL torque in first gear. Nobody else is doing that, and IIRC, GM hasn’t done it since the D/A came out.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

Not really coming close to maxing it out. This was put together for mileage and comfort. A few more clutches made out of better material and a little higher pressure along with a better converter would do the trick.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I’ll admit I’m still not a fan of them, particularly the mirrors, but I saw this rendering of one with some nice wheels and color matched white and it actually looks pretty mean
b2ec6b12481c77f6c920c2d305e3f61c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
With LED headlight/signal light technology really making an inroads, you'll see more and more "inventive" grills and front valences that wont look "traditional", like on those new Chevy/GMC trucks.