Old skoolers back on the road

TIMTHECARMAN2004

Block Hole Maker
Sep 23, 2007
Why didn't the turbos light? Why not dyno it until they did light?

The tq does seem low but I know when I was there last year my hp was high and the tq was low. Good luck though Rob I take it you are not buying that boat? :D

I can dyno the truck correctly now, but when doing a snapshot and running a bunch of trucks across the dyno it is easier to set up everyone the same and see where they are at. This week is a bit of relaxing as next week we hit it hard again. I think that we are heading out to KCIR this Wed night to get some data logging and times in. The last weekend was all canceled so we don't know what it is going to run like. Have a few videos that I will post some links to...

Thanks
Tim

[YOUTUBE]5fIwSwZKTsg&[/YOUTUBE]

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Why didn't the turbos light? Why not dyno it until they did light?

The tq does seem low but I know when I was there last year my hp was high and the tq was low. Good luck though Rob I take it you are not buying that boat? :D

Couldnt load the dyno hard enough, we didnt mess around with it too much though, there were a lot more trucks that wanted to run after we did. As for the boat, no, maybe ill buy a cheap pontoon next summer.:D

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Well had a few good passes. The truck was at full weight, tail gate on, 3/4 tank of fuel, and all the seats in, the runs were made on chrome h2 wheels with some shitty tires.

R/T .197
60' 1.755
330 4.852
1/8 [email protected]
1000 9.533
1/4 [email protected] The truck 1090'd in 5th so were drainin the rail, so there is lots of tuning to be done.
It was the very first pass, they told me to slow down so after that i hit the brakes at 1000 ft and ran a 11.65@95 :D

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Very good times for your first time to the track with a new setup. What were the 1/8 mile times and MPH on your runs where you hit the brakes?

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
The best 1/8th mile time was 7.385@ 97.77. The only thing done to the suspension was the springs were clamped. The bilstiens shocks def wont cut it, i need some coil overs for the front, or gets some like Trents.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Well had a few good passes. The truck was at full weight, tail gate on, 3/4 tank of fuel, and all the seats in, the runs were made on chrome h2 wheels with some shitty tires.

R/T .197
60' 1.755
330 4.852
1/8 [email protected]
1000 9.533
1/4 [email protected] The truck 1090'd in 5th so were drainin the rail, so there is lots of tuning to be done.
It was the very first pass, they told me to slow down so after that i hit the brakes at 1000 ft and ran a 11.65@95 :D

Sweet....Congrats :rockon: Nice shake out pass....

Jasondt2001

May 3, 2008
Salinas, Ca
Hit the brakes...:rofl:

Congrats! 10's?
I was thinking the same thing!
Can you imagine being the vette in the next row??? Get up to the line, see a big old truck, get all cocky... Light turns green he BURNS you - and on TOP of the burn he hits his brakes as he's whooping your ass at the end :angel:

TIMTHECARMAN2004

Block Hole Maker
Sep 23, 2007
10's seem pretty possible. Need to correct traction issues, and Fuel Pressure issues. Tonight was for fun, next time out is for real. :D

Rob did a kick ass job driving. It was real nice to see it drive 54 miles to the track, and then drive back home. Didn't see any other 11 second vehicles there doing that. Kind of feels good. :D

Thanks Guy for some kick ass parts, PPE for the air, and Suncoast for the kit that took the beating and got our butt back home. :hello:

I will have a video uploaded in a few...

Last edited:

TIMTHECARMAN2004

Block Hole Maker
Sep 23, 2007
Probably within a week or so. Need to fix the other issues, try the track once again, and then roll bar and DR's...

Here is the video of the first pass. Will post the one where he hits the brakes in the morning...

[YOUTUBE]Wlkd2xFKA5c[/YOUTUBE]