LB7: oil filter, fuel filter...

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
try fleetfilter they sell NAPA filters that are made by wix. I run their fuel filters and oil filters but i buy the allison trans filters. I did not like the way the magnet covered up all the holes on the WIX style trans filters.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Only ACDelco here, thats the only oil and fuel filter I will run. I keep my truck all GM.

The GM fuel filter has the advancements made based on the injectors for the LB7.

On the trans I only use Allison filters, like ZeroGravity said the magnet doesn't line up and could possibly restrict flow.

d-max joe

Feb 6, 2009
baltimore,md
yeah i always run allison filters for the tranny i agree with all you guys on that i just put one in. just need to filter the rest of the truck now...lol

Dirtbikindad393

Nov 2, 2008
Moorpark, CA
They are all good filters. I use the Wix fuel filter which I beleive is a lower micron rating than the AC Delco. For oil filters as far as efficiency goes you would be hard pressed to find one that filters at a lower micron rating than the Amsoil EaO filter.

cum4acummins

2001 3/4 CC LB AT 4WD
Nov 29, 2009
Rapid City, SD
anyone running trans synd? I run Fleetguard filters... up here we have a Cummins shop I figure Cummins must make a good filter to factory specs. I just pick them up cause they are cheap. Fuel and Oil are about $20 A SET. We get the Coal Mine Discount in Gillette WY.

exploranger

Jul 19, 2009
Shop around for the GM filters. Hecht Chevrolet (Effingham, Illinois) is asking 61 dollars for a fuel filter, while boulder chevrolet (Salem Illinois) is asking 38 dollars.

merlin5577

Diesel = Greatness
Jun 29, 2009
Taunton, MA
www.thedieselgarage.com
They are all good filters. I use the Wix fuel filter which I beleive is a lower micron rating than the AC Delco. For oil filters as far as efficiency goes you would be hard pressed to find one that filters at a lower micron rating than the Amsoil EaO filter.

What is the Micron rating on the Amsoil oil filter?

Me; ACDelco/Wix/Racor fuel filters. ACDelco/Wix/K&N oil filters. Allison transmission filters only.

Last edited:

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
anyone running trans synd? I run Fleetguard filters... up here we have a Cummins shop I figure Cummins must make a good filter to factory specs. I just pick them up cause they are cheap. Fuel and Oil are about $20 A SET. We get the Coal Mine Discount in Gillette WY.

I am running Transynd

anybody notice they redesigned the Allison Filter the holes are no longer on the edge and it looks like the gasket is a lot thicker

Last edited: