LB7: oil filter, fuel filter...

steakman

Diesel Nut...
Aug 31, 2009
Barrie, Ontario
he New AC Delco fuel filters are apoparently a complete redesign. Meant to be a Co-alescing type whereby they have a much greater affinity for emulsified water that gets entrained into the fuel stream by the splaching around in our fuel tanks. They might be expensive (ergo the difference in price: 1 is new style - the other old stock), , but if they do a similar job to what AirDog and Fass claim to do with their system..may well be worth the dollars...no? I still have the old style installed - just changed em all out 2,500 miles ago.

For the record: I run a Pre fuel filter (CAT 10 mU), the AC Delco one and a final post OEM filter at 2 Mu. All 3 powered by a PPE lift pmp at 7-8 psi.

For the Ally: OEM spin ons from local Detroit Dealer
Transynd in the Deep pan.

For oil: An FS 2500 Bypass filter @ 2 mU - outside drivers rail mount. + std AC Delco oil fiters. Oil changes every 13-15,000 miles.
Longetivity and cost effectiveness is my direction on this..

stk

Last edited:

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
What is the Micron rating on the Amsoil oil filter?

from the website
Absolute Efficiency
AMSOIL Ea Oil Filters (EaO) have the best efficiency rating in the automotive/light-truck market. EaO Filters provide a filtering efficiency in accordance with industry standard ISO 4548-12 of 98.7 percent at 15 microns, while competitive filters containing conventional cellulose media range from 40 to 80 percent efficiency.

Last edited:

steakman

Diesel Nut...
Aug 31, 2009
Barrie, Ontario
Yes I do. :D

I went to my local dealer (once a yr trip just for 'hits and giggles), and enquired about the new fuel filter: $74.95 CAD.. I damned near fell over.! One of the guys in Saskachewan was quoted by a dealer out there at $93.50 per.? for a freakin fuel filter no less..??

I looked on flea bay - 6 fuel filters for 90 USD delivered to my home in Canada. I know they are not the new type and just a std paper media type..but when running a 3 filter system, I'll be damned if I spend that much for "AC Delco"

Cheers,

stk

Last edited:

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I hear (but have in no way confirmed) that the AC Delco oil filters let more though, anybody use the Bosch distance plus? I have heard (but again not confirmed) that they trap the most-and I haven’t noticed a drop in oil pressure.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Cat fuel filters for me primary & secondary deleted the factory head. I just need to research a Cat oil filter... Anyone done the leg work yet?