"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
McGaughys 2/4 minus the overloads, I didn't even use the drop keys since it matched the front.

Wish I could drop mine more. I'm just cranked down on the front with shackles on the rear. 2 footers on 33's limit me a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KRODMAX/KS

It'll be alright
Jul 27, 2017
Oz
Ohhh I can't use that with my leer topper

I am not sure man, you may have to contact them on any details. I would say yes, because the topper latches on the sides of the topper, not the tailgate. Plus it does not stick up above the bed rail covers. I'll bet it would work, better get you one before the wrap! LoL

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Deleted my buddies 15.5 lml this weekend. First one I've played with. Had all of 12k on it but had the emissions crap put him on the side of the road 4 times. He sold his 01 8.1 gasser wanting he diesel and better fuel mileage when towing along with the reliability.... needless to say he was pissed the last time an egt sensor went out, threw him in limp and stuck him to 30 mph the rest of the way to page where a ford dealer had to fix it (no Chevy dealers there). Called me and said "f**k this thing, send me a list of what I need to order and let's get rid of some of this bull shit". Say no more. Full flo-pro exhaust, mbrp down pipe, deviant egr delete and new up pipe, lift pump, trans pressure mod, new internal/external trans filter, new fuel filter, transyn fluid flush, s&b intake, cts2 w/egt probe and tunes by omnipoint diesel (mr chaves91). Cp3 conversion will come at a later point.

Thing runs good but I guess I was expecting more. Threw a max effort tune in for a few runs to see how rail stacked up and just holding 4th gear (trans had not learned yet and was not about to do wot through the shifts) it just didn't pick up and go like I expected. Think I'm too use to my rig. Dropped him to a 1300uS tune and he's very happy so that's all that matters.

I actually expected working on it to be more of a bitch than it was. That was a pleasent surprise. Much more room under there than I though. Specially with the egr gone

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
I am not sure man, you may have to contact them on any details. I would say yes, because the topper latches on the sides of the topper, not the tailgate. Plus it does not stick up above the bed rail covers. I'll bet it would work, better get you one before the wrap! LoL

You would say something to guilt me lol

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
7c6107a46fe2772aa25d2e5ee12432a6.jpg

Picked a couple of these up, much cheaper than EFI Live.......

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Deleted my buddies 15.5 lml this weekend. First one I've played with. Had all of 12k on it but had the emissions crap put him on the side of the road 4 times. He sold his 01 8.1 gasser wanting he diesel and better fuel mileage when towing along with the reliability.... needless to say he was pissed the last time an egt sensor went out, threw him in limp and stuck him to 30 mph the rest of the way to page where a ford dealer had to fix it (no Chevy dealers there). Called me and said "f**k this thing, send me a list of what I need to order and let's get rid of some of this bull shit". Say no more. Full flo-pro exhaust, mbrp down pipe, deviant egr delete and new up pipe, lift pump, trans pressure mod, new internal/external trans filter, new fuel filter, transyn fluid flush, s&b intake, cts2 w/egt probe and tunes by omnipoint diesel (mr chaves91). Cp3 conversion will come at a later point.

Thing runs good but I guess I was expecting more. Threw a max effort tune in for a few runs to see how rail stacked up and just holding 4th gear (trans had not learned yet and was not about to do wot through the shifts) it just didn't pick up and go like I expected. Think I'm too use to my rig. Dropped him to a 1300uS tune and he's very happy so that's all that matters.

I actually expected working on it to be more of a bitch than it was. That was a pleasent surprise. Much more room under there than I though. Specially with the egr gone

They are F'n heavy pigs...

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I think it's trans tuning at the least. The LML trans, well the A50 at least, has horrible shift points. It won't "kick down" either which makes the truck feel sluggish.

Shift point don't matter much when you hold a single gear and go wot lol. Once it learned the smaller tune, it clicked shifts off at wot but not like a built trans.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Installed my high idle switch on my LBZ a couple weekends ago awesome to have,"

Today and this past weekend I am flushing my dad's radiator on his Yukon ATF was the color of a strawberry milkshake transmission cooler ruptured inside of the radiator yeah pretty nasty

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Shift point don't matter much when you hold a single gear and go wot lol. Once it learned the smaller tune, it clicked shifts off at wot but not like a built trans.

I missed the "holding a single gear" part. I was mainly speaking of the downfall of my truck/trans and my experience with it.

I think the pressure solenoid killed my fuel mileage. You'll have to have your buddy check his. But I only use my LML for long trips it seems so it's noticeable.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I missed the "holding a single gear" part. I was mainly speaking of the downfall of my truck/trans and my experience with it.

I think the pressure solenoid killed my fuel mileage. You'll have to have your buddy check his. But I only use my LML for long trips it seems so it's noticeable.

That's all he uses his for.... well use to. I think he's gunna drive it for a while to and from work. Pretty sure the hp bug got him lol. I'll see what he gets though. He only got 16 highway unloaded and 11-12 towing his 7500lbs boat. Told him that wasn't all that bad considering but josh is good about tuning them for all around including mileage so we shall see

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ

Ya I think it does too. Maybe more so for freeway/highway driving. Been about 15k with it and mileage doesn't hardly change even when I drive light footed.

Dvierra86

May 30, 2016
e6c26923aa8aef275aba9f1bce9da7ed.jpg

Just had some antiwrap bars made for my truck

2006 CCLB DRW 6"fabtech 35"s 4.11 w/arb sdp 475 over stock 30% ii nozzles fass150 sdp built trans

Dvierra86

May 30, 2016
3ddd939520498c5027d0e75029b77505.jpg

Also got my trans build parts today ! Thanks again to Scott at sdptwins for getting it all figured out

2006 CCLB DRW 6"fabtech 35"s 4.11 w/arb sdp 475 over stock 30% ii nozzles fass150 sdp built trans