"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
You sending it out, or putting a kit in?
Let me know if you need trans tools / help.

Appreciate the offer, Jesse... I'd like to do it for the know-how, but it's one of those things I'd probably do once, and forget how till next time, lol... I'll take you up on your help, tho, if it ever needs to come out again...

Dropped it off at Jones Diesel in Heath today. Scott from SDP is there building transmissions right now...

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Appreciate the offer, Jesse... I'd like to do it for the know-how, but it's one of those things I'd probably do once, and forget how till next time, lol... I'll take you up on your help, tho, if it ever needs to come out again...

Dropped it off at Jones Diesel in Heath today. Scott from SDP is there building transmissions right now...

Hmm, never heard that shop name before. But you practically drove right by my house!

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

Hmm, never heard that shop name before. But you practically drove right by my house!

No way, you're just north of Heath, right? I'll be headed down first of next week to pick it up again. Relatively new shop, Nick and his dad own Jae's towing. Nick recently started doing diesel work, he's putting up a new shop for the diesel work... sells SDP and All In products...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
No way, you're just north of Heath, right? I'll be headed down first of next week to pick it up again. Relatively new shop, Nick and his dad own Jae's towing. Nick recently started doing diesel work, he's putting up a new shop for the diesel work... sells SDP and All In products...

Ah, ok. Jae's has some very nice equipment.

I'm in Frazeysburg, so east. But work in Mount Vernon so that's north, close enough.

What kind of goodies is Scott throwing at your trans?

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
I remember now, you had told me... don't know all that much about trannys, but from what Scott said, full billet internals save for the input/output shafts. I'll be limited to around 700ish right now with the air I got... trucks going out to SDP next summer for a custom turbo setup, and he said he'll refresh the trans and put in the billet input/output shafts for a parts only price while it's out there. Goerend R billet stator tc...

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
Doing a little maintenance.
Oil change
Front diff fluid change
Tranny filter change
Serpentine belt

The trucks temp gauge would hardly ever get up to normal operating temp, lately. Only time was when towing the trailer. The gauge would be fluctuating quite a bit. Was worried maybe a head gasket but the upper hose was always soft in the morning and never has gotten hot. Replaced the thermostats, refilled and road tested. The back stat definitely had the internal rubber all cracked and not looking good. This was the original stats at 166,000 miles. So far truck came right up to operating temp and stayed there. No fluctuations.:thumb:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I saw the same thing with my tstats. Just a little cracking in the gasket. I was really suprised my new tstat made that much of a difference.

I even tested them on the stove and they all seem to open the same. Probably could of just replaced the gaskets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

TerryRH

Jan 23, 2017
MO
Changed oil, and oil/fuel/trans spin on filters. Almost to 200k. There is a god awful rattling in my back seat that I can't locate so might be taking the back seat out
I hate chasing down ghost noises.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TerryRH

Jan 23, 2017
MO
I have a wife and she is ok with the truck now. After I got the new turbo done she goes ok let’s go for a drive I’m driving :woott: crazy woman was out going wide open in a tunnel lol.
Wife has a SSS and she likes driving mine more.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Haha my wife daily’s a 2011 Subaru sti 6 speed with external wastegate exhaust intake and tune. It’s 300whp right now. She drives my truck and says 10 years later it finally takes off after you floor it :rofl: here’s a video I took the other week driving the car. It’s not too bad, I would do more to it if she would let me drive it more.
[YOUTUBE]XPRfGkRhxhY[/YOUTUBE]

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
fd610a0d2d5d6956a8687f79c722ed3a.jpg
7ed683cda10c8c742551dc8f760439cc.jpg

Getting The D-MAX ready for the Colorado mountains

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Anybody know how long a DMax will run without adding coolant? My low coolant light has been on for 3 weekend I still haven't topped it up. :D:coolspot:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Anybody know how long a DMax will run without adding coolant? My low coolant light has been on for 3 weekend I still haven't topped it up. :D:coolspot:

As long as it runs, Chris, as long as it runs.....we await the "overheated the engine, time for a rebuild" thread.

:D;)

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Picked up the trans, now I'm itching to get it back together. Time to put a little pressure on the machine shop.

7d1a2bc8e1d9e2fa3b950e81ad265e8c.jpg