"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I gotcha. I just don't like dealing with the filter oil. We don't have the dust around here like you do. I like the outerwears for keeping the bugs from getting jammed into the pleats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ah yes then the outerwear would be great for that.

well you are still getting dust in there if you can see it. any dust is not good....

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Changing trans fluid this weekend, got a spin on and internal filter coming tmmr, but seems that replacing the internal is not needed? :confused:

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Thought new filter would arrive today, it didn't. :mad:

But, got new poly sway bar bushings and end links on. Also swapped out air filter. Nice easy stuff :thumb:

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Thought new filter would arrive today, it didn't. :mad:

But, got new poly sway bar bushings and end links on. Also swapped out air filter. Nice easy stuff :thumb:

I feel ya, ordered my trans line kit from DMAX store and they were supposed to be here yesterday but UPS changed it to Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Well...sometimes you make plans and some times they fall through. My LMM didn't shed a drop of trans fluid til recently. So I picked up some Fleece trans lines and pulled the truck in the shop to swap them out. Pretty easy right? Got the lines off and left the fittings in the cooler for last, go to pop the cooler line fittings off and didn't use a backup wrench and wellll things didn't go as planned and the side of the cooler ripped like a can of Keystone. So I'm gonna grab one of the PPE coolers and call it good.

chevor

Highway hauler.
Sep 17, 2015
On the Road
Getting to compare fuel economy between My 2010 just shy of 800k miles and 2017 3500 SRW with 30k miles, pulling identical 23 ft campers from IN to South Cal....sort of....

The other driver taps his box tank into the breather tube on the filler neck. So doesn't top all the way off when we fill cause fuel always spills out....

But anyway there has only been about 5-15 gallon difference in about 1500 miles of travel. The 2017 doing better... then add a tank of DEF to that for the 2017.

TwinStick

Dec 10, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Last few weeks, carpeted the camp/tailgate benches/bed, wired power in bed, wired LED light bar and alley lights, swapped to 1-piece driveshaft and yoke, new shocks and LED swap the whole interior. Next up, pull the T-case and fix a slow leak in between T-case and trans.

Helper

Last edited:

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
Was just looking over your for sale thread yesterday. Actually glad to see it stay with you!

Drove mine. To the carwash. Then work. Typical day in the life. Haha.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Was just looking over your for sale thread yesterday. Actually glad to see it stay with you!

Drove mine. To the carwash. Then work. Typical day in the life. Haha.

Yeah I'm glad to keep it too! When I first posted it I told myself if I couldn't get 30k for it I was going to keep it. Still going to try and build a house this year so truck will be on back burner for a bit. I'm sure she will need injectors some time in the next couple of years to turn the power up a bit :thumb:

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Changed Trans fluid and spin on, was a chicken shit on the internal and packed it in garage :rofl:

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
dc52e8d6b9f65a26c0e3a881d653c7fd.jpg

To be continued.....