"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
The track distance will depend on ride height. A arm front suspension changes width throughout the stroke so it will depend how low or how high you set it. The lower, the wider

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Thats depressing Jason
Yeah, it is...but it was always a time bomb before...sooo
I'm having a hell of a time trying to get out of it with the new loan the wife took out of it to pay for the parts to get it running...

Who knows, Maybe I'll have another go at it, I've technically got a clean slate and alot more (well kinda a little more) understanding and definitive goal

I'd build the trans and assemble the most of the engine myself too
My truck would out run it
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh Yeah?
So, does "your wife" still want an auto?

:D
The track distance will depend on ride height. A arm front suspension changes width throughout the stroke so it will depend how low or how high you set it. The lower, the wider
That's a damn good point!
I bet from cranked to relaxed the total track width changes 4"

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Started the truck for the first time since the beginning of October. Let it run for a bit, then rolled it back in the garage. Slowly gathering parts...

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Pulled overloads, removed bumpstops, installed 2" drop shackles, let the front down and put new shocks on my 07 Classic. Added billet bow tie and billet antenna, 1.5" 8x6.5 to 8x180 adapters and 2015 Denali 20" wheels. Removed fender flares and full length side steps.Also straightened up the exhaust while I was under the truck. 4 link on air to come soon.

What size tires? Looks great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Details on turbo and fueling in the truck? I believe the converter in my LBZ with GT4094R is too tight.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Fueling is all stock CP3 and injectors has lift pump and a 400rwhp tow tune
Turbo is a GT4088R with a T3 .83 AR waste gated, (side note id run smallest T4 housing normally Mark @danvile hooked me up with an old 3788 power max housing and machined it for a 4088)
housing with DYI home made 4" intake, OEM down pile and 4" straight pipe
According to the Coker test.. I'm ~ .3 seconds behind stock on 0-20psi spool up on a standing flat footed start with stock TC and 3.73 gears haven't retest with 4.56 or new TC
Couple performance test
I'm loaded figured I'd get some videos of how the A7XL TC handles an ~18,000lb trailer.. Truck has 4.56 gears and 225/70/19.5(32") tires
Did all from stop no boosted launches. flash stall, normal accel in both normal and TH modes I cut the normal short once it went into lock up
Flash stall
https://youtu.be/jWJV4J-2kaA
TH
https://youtu.be/ogR9BI2lwrg
Unlock normal mode
https://youtu.be/kgZ1u8NS_ig

Right after I got everything up and running on mained voyage just the truck
https://youtu.be/XZDIWCpPq6Y

Last edited:

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Fueling is all stock CP3 and injectors has lift pump and a 400rwhp tow tune
Turbo is a GT4088R with a T3 .83 AR waste gated, (side note id run smallest T4 housing normally Mark @danvile hooked me up with an old 3788 power max housing and machined it for a 4088)
housing with DYI home made 4" intake, OEM down pile and 4" straight pipe
According to the Coker test.. I'm ~ .3 seconds behind stock on 0-20psi spool up on a standing flat footed start with stock TC and 3.73 gears haven't retest with 4.56 or new TC
Couple performance test
Those low gears with that small of tire make sense for why you need a tighter converter. The damn truck would shift into 3rd before the converter ever coupled. Lol!

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Those low gears with that small of tire make sense for why you need a tighter converter. The damn truck would shift into 3rd before the converter ever coupled. Lol!

I'd run this TC with stock gearing as well following video truck had Stock turbo, 3.73 with 32" tires
https://youtu.be/thdUZDh0bgo
It would shift to 4th before it would lock

Only thing I noticed with gear swap TC wise... Stall point dropped ~200 rpm with the lower gears... TC saw less load due % of the load had been transferred off the transmission.... Same thing happens between running high/low side if the Tcase

Turbo performance didn't change it still came on about 17-1800 wasn't fully singing till 2100, then whole then took off.. With the new TC, I can't blow through the TC at 2800 rpms now.. Which I've done both with 3.73 and 4.56 gears

Camshaft power band falls off drastically under 17-1800.. Basically found out by what rpm I could lay into the throttle and there truck doesn't accelerate.. Sweet spot is 19-2000 rpm both with LMM and LBZ camshaft.. LBZ comes on about 100-150rpm sooner..

Tuning also plays about how well turbo comes on as well

Last edited:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Time for another lift pump...this one died on 77 south of Charleston right before the hills..
Nice thing about internally regulated. Pull plunger and spring... Instant bypass the pump itself.......
Really want a georotor style pump