Off Season Sled Pulling Mods

TIMTHECARMAN2004

Block Hole Maker
Sep 23, 2007
We used a ton of Pheonix Industries fittings and their braided black stainless hose this year and it is very nice:thumb:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Modded pumps are unreliable and 3 stockers are cheaper

I understand the 3 stock pumps are cheaper but the work that goes into mking them work makes it a wash I would think. I was just curious because we run my modded lbz pumps on all our trucks that run dual fuel without issues or loss of pressure with 250-350% over injectors without reliability problems so I guess I'm lost on it. To each his own right?

FarmDiesel22

Farmer
Sep 28, 2009
Well that and a fab guy that can figure out how to route everything the right way in his head before everything gets started.

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
Run three pumps at 2/3 their output vs two pumps maxed out.
Three lbz pumps plus this whole contraption I designed is comparable in price to two modded pumps and a twin pump kit. Pump it's self though 1/3 the cost.
Some modded pumps are finicky on tuning and do not come on smoothly
Once we got the controller figured out for three it wasn't to bad.
And of course is looks way cool and is different! Twin pumps is old school! Lol
I feel there is more room for expansion/more power having three pumps on tap vs pushing the limits of two. This setup also runs a third rail for more volume. Little more moving parts but the cog belt setup is pretty slick and there is no chance of the belt slipping which happens more common then most would think on serpentine setups!

EDP

<<<< Miss The Ol Girl
what cylinders were swapped or what is the order now

Thats a little secret we have. Here to help but gotta keep somethings private.

I think a girdle is designed to stiffen the bottom end of a block and keep stuff from flexing and taking out the bearings. I can't see where a girdle or billet caps is gonna stop a crank from breaking.... Seems like the later gen motors have shitty cranks. There wasn't much talk back in the day of lb7/lly cranks breaking, but maybe I'm wrong?

Billet Caps will benefit on the strength factor. I have scene stock caps get hammered out past the point of return for bearing sizing. As for the girdle you can reach a point of being to rigid and not allow for torsional vibration as an absorbing factor. The Block itself at the bottom cap area of a Dmax is very thin and very poor casting. Cut the bottom pan rail area off a dmax block and take a look at all the air voids in the casting. Some girdles on the market I can see actually being to rigid. Where you can get around the issue by allowing for extra clearance bearings but then you are in the situation of low oil pressure and in need of going to high dollar oil system to correct the issue or concern. Kind of jumped around there but hopefully it makes sense. I have not scene Mark's girdle but from what he is stating I would not consider his as a concern of what I do not like. Seems to be working pretty dang good for them.

Run three pumps at 2/3 their output vs two pumps maxed out.
Three lbz pumps plus this whole contraption I designed is comparable in price to two modded pumps and a twin pump kit. Pump it's self though 1/3 the cost.
Some modded pumps are finicky on tuning and do not come on smoothly
Once we got the controller figured out for three it wasn't to bad.
And of course is looks way cool and is different! Twin pumps is old school! Lol
I feel there is more room for expansion/more power having three pumps on tap vs pushing the limits of two. This setup also runs a third rail for more volume. Little more moving parts but the cog belt setup is pretty slick and there is no chance of the belt slipping which happens more common then most would think on serpentine setups!

I better make a call to a 3.0 guy and tell him he needs to upgrade his two bone stock LLY pumps that hes been running for the past two seasons if hes gotta run against this setup........ Looks Damn Good Jason and Crew.:thumb::thumb:

duramaxsandwich

Mar 30, 2009
[QUOTE\] I better make a call to a 3.0 guy and tell him he needs to upgrade his two bone stock LLY pumps that hes been running for the past two seasons if hes gotta run against this setup........ Looks Damn Good Jason and Crew.:thumb::thumb:[/QUOTE]

Was that the dark blue cc that was at belvidere?

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
I better make a call to a 3.0 guy and tell him he needs to upgrade his two bone stock LLY pumps that hes been running for the past two seasons if hes gotta run against this setup........ Looks Damn Good Jason and Crew.:thumb::thumb:

yeah i guess so...... :rolleyes: must be one of those 3.0 trucks that is still a daily driver :rofl:

thanks.