Off Season Sled Pulling Mods

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
I loved hanging with the Kuseliks, Rob, and Tim at scheids a couple years ago, definitely the right group of guys for the sport. Actually it surprised me how awesome the competitors were there vs. Local club pulls. Get a lot of these guys back in their home territory and they act completely different:confused:

Not me, I'm an ass where ever I go :eek::roflmao:

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
We ran into Jim at a pull in Wisconsin later last season and I love his truck and the fab work is amazing... Also a top notch, no bs kinda guy. A good one to talk to and pick his brain.

Not a bunch of stuck up super secret dbags that won't look at you or talk to you when you go check out their trucks and work...

Pulling is one of the weirdest sports for that reason, I'm not sure what everyone thinks they have to hide? Or if they think if no one knows anything they will have to come to us with $40k+ in hand and we'll do it for them...

Couldn't of said it better. One of the reasons I pulled away from MX was I was tired of dealing with egos and snobs, so I started pulling and now instead of twenty year old egos I deal with. 40-50 year old kids who act like pulling is their bread and butter. I pull cause I love it and shear enjoyment of seeing something u built in your garage edge out the stiff competition. But if I don't win , hey I had a good time trying. Everyone is stuck up and secretive as u mentioned. I enjoy meeting nice people and sharing most of what I know. Which isn't much!!!!! ha ha

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
Some pictures of what I have been doing with my puller (Eds old truck) Goal is to make a few local pulls before I take it to TS in May. I may be pushed back though since I'm moving into both a new house and shop over the next month.

Major things we have left to do are mount the turbo and a2w, going with a front mount turbo and have a Precision a2w intercooler.

Attachments

• IMAG0696.jpg
    IMAG0696.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMAG0878.jpg
    IMAG0878.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 126
  • IMAG0882.jpg
    IMAG0882.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 114

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
few more pictures

Attachments

• IMAG1342.jpg
    IMAG1342.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMAG1355.jpg
    IMAG1355.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMAG1393.jpg
    IMAG1393.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMAG1396.jpg
    IMAG1396.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 117

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
What specs for the engine?

Nothing real fancy....crower rods, cut lb7 pistons, head/main studs, stock cam and heads, 100 over injectors, lb7 and lbz cp3s, precision charger and A2W intercooler. Figure going from pulling a stock LLY to this is going to be a learning curve, so I'll run this year and get a feel for the truck and setup then put another motor together for next year and swap this one into my tow rig, because everybody needs 2 built engine trucks :screwy:

Its sad really that I haven't even heard this one run yet and I'm already getting parts together for the second engine. :D

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
Nothing real fancy....crower rods, cut lb7 pistons, head/main studs, stock cam and heads, 100 over injectors, lb7 and lbz cp3s, precision charger and A2W intercooler. Figure going from pulling a stock LLY to this is going to be a learning curve, so I'll run this year and get a feel for the truck and setup then put another motor together for next year and swap this one into my tow rig, because everybody needs 2 built engine trucks :screwy:

Its sad really that I haven't even heard this one run yet and I'm already getting parts together for the second engine. :D

hope to run into you over the summer! great to see more 2.6 dmax's in the north!

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
I thought the steering column was finished but apparently Joe thought it needed to enclosed. HSP never ceases to impress me.

Attachments

• photo 2 (3).jpg
    photo 2 (3).jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 140

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Thanks, it's been a long wait, I'd like to say some idea's are mine but I can't even dream up what Joe can build. All the guys there are young but there fabrication skills are just sick and no ego's ever come into play.

That motor look sweet! KJP800

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
hope to run into you over the summer! great to see more 2.6 dmax's in the north!

I plan on making my way up north a few times this summer....Do you ever come south to any of the pulls in PA?

Thanks Dave....when are we going to see more pictures of your truck?? Looks like its getting close to being done

g man

Aug 22, 2006
Thanks to all the boys who never grew up enough to stop playing in the dirt!

Wow. I stopped by to put the gray truck up for sale and happened across an awesome post by Rich.

"I've noticed it too tim its a way different environment leaving club pulls and going to the bigger ones everyone is way friendlier makes me wish I lived closer to some of these guys! especially Garrick! never met a nicer guy and very knowledgeable"

Brother, you are just too kind! This be the fun part I miss with pullers!

So glad to see there are still some of you guys having fun with it all.

JD Dave, that is a work of art. Maybe I will get a wild hair and start playing in the dirt again with you guys.... Good times!

BTW, I know this is off topic but please keep SmokeShow and his wife in your prayers. Poor little thing has had a rough way to go with her first pregnancy the last couple of days. Pray that little man will arrive safely soon and that mom will get some relief.

Love you, brother (SmokeShow). Man, we have had some awesome times playing in the dirt, haven't we?

g man

Aug 22, 2006
Holy smokes! Rich, check out the avitar. That is an ancient shot of the Woman. I'm thinking its at TS when we still had (the old) 2.5 class.

Guess I ought to update my account.... LOL

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
BTW, I know this is off topic but please keep SmokeShow and his wife in your prayers. Poor little thing has had a rough way to go with her first pregnancy the last couple of days. Pray that little man will arrive safely soon and that mom will get some relief.

Love you, brother (SmokeShow). Man, we have had some awesome times playing in the dirt, haven't we?

Keep us posted Garrick. Mitch is a good dude for sure. Still remember drinking with you guys in Murfreesboro. While everyone had there laptop for logging, we were all business with the laptop case full of beer! :rofl: