Off Season Drag Racing Mods

emiller3

He's Back
Feb 21, 2009
lake charles,LA.
Swapping the 480 to a Gt5533r

And the harness for the lb7 to lbz conversion is supposed to be in the mail today. May begin a little work on it soon too.

Last edited:

maxpower91

May 29, 2010
Doing a lockup switch, sump, 6 point cage, fixing boost leaks, and then going to get more actual runs on the big tune!

rcr450mx

Dec 7, 2010
Indiana
Trying to finish up my single s468 and get out to a dyno for some real tuning.

And not duramax related I'm actively looking for a slick track and roller ski setup for my snowmobile. Since we don't get enough snow out here in the winter might as well try to blow up the sled during the summer. :)

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
I'm making all my cold side pipes out of aluminum instead of steel. Making new front a-arms, so I can get my alignment better. And oh yeah installing a parachute just in case I hit that 150mph.
Can't wait for race season!!

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I'm making all my cold side pipes out of aluminum instead of steel. Making new front a-arms, so I can get my alignment better. And oh yeah installing a parachute just in case I hit that 150mph.
Can't wait for race season!!

And hopefully a trany input shaft that can handle your awesome VGT power!

I would like to switch to coilovers on the front end and lower it alittle more but it will require c-notching the frame and I'm not looking forward to that! Will be twinning it most likely also...:D

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca

I would like to switch to coilovers on the front end and lower it alittle more but it will require c-notching the frame and I'm not looking forward to that! Will be twinning it most likely also...:D

Mark, I'm running DJM's C-notch and it's held up to massive amounts of abuse. It wasn't bad to install either.

2006 LBZ

Feb 8, 2011
Calgary, Ab.

S-510 and 2K RWHP for you :D

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
is that so yo u can run vanjen clamps?

No. My old piping was about 2-2.5" sort of say the intercooler or turbo and I was having problems with the boots ripping from so much boost. My aluminum pipes will only have about a 1/2" gap between pipe and intercooler and turbos. I'm going to try it this way and see if the boots will stay together. If they don't I will have to get the DDP or PPE boots.

I'm also installing a 6" air shut off from Engineered Diesel. That will also be made out of aluminum 6" piping.

SmithLBZ

Jan 11, 2012
TN
Getting the red truck ready , installed Rare parts tie rods. Also MBS built me a set of traction bars. Going to try and have compound turbo set-up completed.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
No. My old piping was about 2-2.5" sort of say the intercooler or turbo and I was having problems with the boots ripping from so much boost. My aluminum pipes will only have about a 1/2" gap between pipe and intercooler and turbos. I'm going to try it this way and see if the boots will stay together. If they don't I will have to get the DDP or PPE boots.

I'm also installing a 6" air shut off from Engineered Diesel. That will also be made out of aluminum 6" piping.

I have very tight clearances in my plumbing right now as well. less than 1/4" gap everywhere. I use a Vibrant HD boot material I found on Ebay for $35 (2 ft section) and it is as strong as it gets.

I also bought a bead roller when I built them, and that helps tremendously along with the nice SS clamps I bought from McMaster

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
You don't need to build the engine to go 11's :D
I know, goal is to get my charger made into a 72 and go dual fuelers over next winter. Then run 11.50s and still be reliable for a lot of street mileage. I just got nervous pushing it as my DD.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

something that helps is putting the next size bigger hose over the existing hose.

the vanjen clamps are the best ive ever seen
http://vibrantperformance.com/catal..._1250&osCsid=1adc77c431c7ac3cbb2998a98987411e

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Hopefully adding dual pumps before the track opens. Got a Banks intercooler to install, add some driveshaft hoops, make a custom turn-up for the gay-ass NADM rules, replace 5 injectors if funds allow, find a cheaper hobby

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House

Broke the 4r100 input shaft?

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Broke the 4r100 input shaft?

Yep. At the end of last year I made some passes on my 900hp tune and ran a 9.4@148. Truck was running good and the track was hooking good so I switched my tune to the 1100hp tune and when the trans hit 3rd gear my input shaft snapped.

Brian at BTS made me new shafts out of rageing 300 steal and cryo treated them for 100 hrs. He's also making some new ones out of a stronger material that I should have by race season.