No start after a dose of bad fuel!!!

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Idk It wouldn't hurt to get them tested if you can deal with your truck being down for abit. I would atleast pull your plugs out and see what cylinders are wetter and compare to get an idea. You can also to a return rate test on them before sending them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I doubt its air if your getting that much rail pressure cranking. I would pull the glow plugs and crank it to see what is making it into the cylinders. Almost sounds like they stuck closed not open, if it won't start or run at all. X2 on not using ether anymore, if the grid heater is still hooked up you could blow up the intake and as James mentioned if you use to much it can easily overspeed the engine.

If the cylinders are dry after pulling the glow plugs and cranking, I would pull all injectors and send to a shop for testing. Sounds like there toast to me.

I would be all up in that service stations business... I would bet your not the only one:thumb:

Lmmcracra

Oct 14, 2015
Alleghany, NC
1cd6dcdd1e7310a06ea3a5ddf2f569ee.jpg
e4e3c14c45d588b4069ee8257813abce.jpg

After

f27761b73497774f844bba34dd96f67a.jpg
6ee4c83bda0d649c4410d4c192a07837.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM
To get fire, you need heat, air, and fuel.

Heat= compression+glow plugs
Air= pretty much given on diesel
Fuel= Must have about 4 times of cylinder pressure

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Air in the system...

He has 11k of rail on ether... I just did a CP3 and all 8 Injectors on an LB7 cleaned all fuel lines, pump the hand primer up 3 times and cranked it for 45 seconds tops, and it was running...

Op crack the fuel lines at the top of the injectors and see if you have fuel there just to be sure. From what your saying it sounds like you have all the air bled out but for shits and grins. Be careful not have your hands around the lines while cranking it...

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
That air woulda been pushed out in a very short time if it makes it to the cp3! Yes crack some lines at the injector. You should be able to crack it and see some fuel leak out. If not take the easiest few whole rail to injector lines off. You will see fuel sitting inside the tapered inlet on the injector. Always be careful of hand placement body placement when dealing with high pressure stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmmcracra

Oct 14, 2015
Alleghany, NC
Sorry for the delay, i tried cracking the lines this morning, and had no luck on the injector side, i broke it loose from the rail easily. Im going to purchase some crow's feet and try again, i appreciate all the help.

Sent from my iPhone

Lmmcracra

Oct 14, 2015
Alleghany, NC
d2985174cafc03fd499e1f1591347b1f.jpg

Been busy with work, just pulled one of the lines off and this is what i found???
I also found that when cranking the truck, it seems to turn over faster when it reaches around 4k rail pressure, ive hooked my filter base back up, i also tried cranking with the one injector line loose, and i got fuel on the rag i rapped around it, still no luck on getting it to start.

Last edited:

Lmmcracra

Oct 14, 2015
Alleghany, NC
And is there a certain amount of voltage I'm supposed to be getting to the injectors? I put the ohm meter one of the injectors and it showed .3

Sent from my iPhone

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM
And is there a certain amount of voltage I'm supposed to be getting to the injectors? I put the ohm meter one of the injectors and it showed .3

Sent from my iPhone

Voltage would be in pulses, and it's in micro seconds. Maybe it can be measured with a multimeter, I haven't tried