No start after a dose of bad fuel!!!

Lmmcracra

Oct 14, 2015
Alleghany, NC
Im new here, i just aquired my truck a couple month's ago and have been meaning to join this forum, ive read/learned alot of info from it, so in desperation, I figured what a better time than now.

Okay to start off the truck has ran flawlessly since i bought it, Its a 2008 lmm ec/sb 104k on her, with S&B intake, 4 inch exhaust/dpf delete, and supposedly a 85hp KW tune......I got fuel on Sunday at a station i use regularly, went to church hen home (est. 50miles)and ran her pretty good and it run flawlessly, so monday left for work and had to travel for work (less than 100 miles) and noticed when trying to pass a car that it wouldnt gain any speed and the trans wouldnt shift at WOT, so i let out of it and went about my way trying to forget aBout it, then while coming home i went WOT and the same thing happend, consulted with a buddy and reccomended a ff change, so i had some extras at the house so i just told myself i would change them the next day at work which was on Tuesday, well cranked it as usual and on my way to work i noticed what seemed to be my injectors knocking on the way to work. Changed the filter at work and the knocking got worse but would go away with a good load maybe around 2k rpms, drove home from work (15 miles), changed filter again, drove back to town to grab more filters (because i was seeing/ pouring out trash from the filters, looked like an orange color but not gritty to the touch), and up a steep grade im guessing multiple injectors stuck open and smothered all vision behind me, in attempt to merge over the smoke quit and ran fine(still "knocking") got more filters, came home that night and changed the filter and let it run for a couple minutes to get the air out and shut her down, woke up the next morning in hopes to drop the tank and clean it, wouldn't ya know it she wouldnt crank, pushed it in the garage and pulled the tank anyways, it had a very small amount of black which im guessing is algae, and the orange semi grit in the sender, cleaned everything blew air through the lines, changed filter still no start, ive been trying to get it to crank every since. So what i have done is got a gallon of good fuel and with a clean hand pump bypassed the fuel filter/housing, pushing fuel into the feed line...no crank, will crank on ether but only on ether, it keeps eating the fuel im pumping inand seems to be going out through the return back to tank, me edge says im ketting around 9k frpcranking and when she runs on ether up to 11kfrp.

Im stuck on what to do next, so i have come to you guys, im sorry for the book but want to give you all the info possible, i look forward to interacting with all of you and if you have questions ill do my best to awnser them the best i can, thanks in advance.

gmac32

Dec 8, 2009
bellville ohio
Does it have any codes? Need to live data stream and make sure the cam and crank signals are right. If you are getting 4,500psi or so it should start. If it is below that or way below, you may have a injector hanging open

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
Almost sounds like gas mixed with diesel. I would save your fuel receipt, if the fuel station screwed up, they should be liable.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Crank, turn over all mean the same thing. Starts means starts lol. If you have fuel pressure like 5k at the pump all your air will bleed out the injectors in a short time. You shouldn't have to worry about that. You either have bad fuel; or your bad fuel ruined your injectors. Check and see what your balance rates are to give you an idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmmcracra

Oct 14, 2015
Alleghany, NC
I bypassed the filter head, because i thought i was getting air in the system, before i did that, i must have primed it toght 20+ times with no luck

Sent from my iPhone

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM
I bypassed the filter head, because i thought i was getting air in the system, before i did that, i must have primed it toght 20+ times with no luck

Sent from my iPhone

That means you have air in there for sure. Try this, reconnect the fuel filter head, remove the bleed screw, pressurize the fuel tank with a shop vac (make sure the filter is clean first), use a rag to seal the edges

Lmmcracra

Oct 14, 2015
Alleghany, NC
Not sure if i was clear how i am pumping fuel in. With a hand fluid transfer pump and a gallon of diesel where the fuel enters the cp3 after is passes through the filter on the passenger side of the truck, i will still try that tactic in case!

Sent from my iPhone