Nitto 420s on 22x12 4 inch lift

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I'm glad you guys have your opinions on my truck. But I don't really care honestly. I like the way it looks. If y'all don't. Sorry! But when I've got guys around here poking the same size tire out on 14 wides, no i don't really see any issue ESPECIALLY given there are thousands of guys out there doing the exact same thing and not having issues. Even trucks going down the strip at rudys had 12 wides with the same size tire. Heck. One Cummins had 24x12s with 305/35s. If a truck can do a boosted 4 wheel launch and fly down the drag strip multiple times in the course of a few hours with this setup, I have absolutely no problem with my setup

Last edited:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I have 305/40s on my 22x11s and the sidewalls sit perfectly straight up. There is no stretch or bulge. You might get a tiny bit of stretch on a 12 wide but it shouldn't be terrible. There are 0 offset though so obviously a 12" -44 will stick out a lot more.

Attachments

• AF2.jpg
    AF2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 72
  • af4.jpg
    af4.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 71

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I'm glad you guys have your opinions on my truck. But I don't really care honestly. I like the way it looks. If y'all don't. Sorry! But when I've got guys around here poking the same size tire out on 14 wides, no i don't really see any issue ESPECIALLY given there are thousands of guys out there doing the exact same thing and not having issues. Even trucks going down the strip at rudys had 12 wides with the same size tire. Heck. One Cummins had 24x12s with 305/35s. If a truck can do a boosted 4 wheel launch and fly down the drag strip multiple times in the course of a few hours with this setup, I have absolutely no problem with my setup

Now you just went full potato. If your tire is 12 inches wide and you use a 14 inch wide rim. That's not okay. It's not calculus. But thousands of people do it so it's fine. Thousands of people **** their cousin, still don't mean it's right.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
horrible off set, wide wheels on tires too skinny and then want to use them at the track......

next post will be "how can i get my 60 ft times down, i cant go below a 1.8-1.7 without the steering wheel trying to rip out of my hand" :rolleyes:

the STT Pro speed rating wont be any more of a worry that stretching those tires on 12" rims

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
These tires have a low weight rating as it is. I don't see how stretching them can seem like a good idea.

Get civic and "stance" the **** out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Never said these tires on a 14 was ok. I said people do it. I don't know what huge bulge you see on my wheels but there isn't one. Are they stretched? Yeah. They are. Do I care? No. Do I tow? No. The load rating is 2600lbs a piece. The approved rim with rating goes up to 12 so according to the manufacture I'm perfectly fine with my set up. I like my truck how it is. And to the OP if you want to do it then do it. You've seen how it looks and it's your truck. Same difference as these guys putting 650+ hp on a stock bottom end. Should you? No. But some do. And if people hate the idea or don't like it then who the hell cares. They don't have to do it. Factory wheels are 7 wide and guys put 315/75s in them. They state the rim range is 8-10. Same difference to me. I did it. I'm sorry. But it's my truck.

Last edited:

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
horrible off set, wide wheels on tires too skinny and then want to use them at the track......

next post will be "how can i get my 60 ft times down, i cant go below a 1.8-1.7 without the steering wheel trying to rip out of my hand" :rolleyes:

the STT Pro speed rating wont be any more of a worry that stretching those tires on 12" rims

What am I missing. According to nitto you can run the 305/40/22 on a 12 wide rim. So nitto is okay with the tire being stretched?

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal

Never said these tires on a 14 was ok. I said people do it. I don't know what huge bulge you see on my wheels but there isn't one. Are they stretched? Yeah. They are. Do I care? No. Do I tow? No. The load rating is 2600lbs a piece. I like my truck how it is. And to the OP if you want to do it then do it. You've seen how it looks and it's your truck. Same difference as these guys putting 650+ hp on a stock bottom end. Should you? No. But some do. And if people hate the idea or don't like it then who the hell cares. They don't have to do it. Factory wheels are 7 wide and guys put 315/75s in them. They state the rim range is 8-10. Same difference to me. I did it. I'm sorry. But it's my truck.

You just did

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I run 8 wides on a 305/50 with a +12 because I'm not a douchebag, nobody out there can say they running a 12 or 14 wide saying it's for performance, I cut a consistent 1.7.
Wide wheels, huge negative offset, and stretched tires is by far the gayest trend I've ever seen, so many good looking trucks out there with fcking ugly ass wheels.

picture.php

Last edited:

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I run 8 wides on a 305/50 with a +12 because I'm not a douchebag, nobody out there can say they running a 12 or 14 wide saying it's for performance, I cut a consistent 1.7.
Wide wheels, huge negative offset, and stretched tires is by far the gayest trend I've ever seen, so many good looking trucks out there with fcking ugly ass wheels.

picture.php

1.7 is garbage. And you're losing a lot of contact patch with an 8inch wide rim.

D1rty-max

Spare some change?
Jul 16, 2015
Longview, TX

I plan on going to a better offset wheel but for now I wanted to see if I could get away with the 420s on what rims I have lol I'm not too worried however I see a different rim setup in the near future :D

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
It's a 20" wheel you fck and I'm on stock fuel and turbo.

Don't come on here bragging about a 1.7. Your rim is too small for your tire, just as bad as these people stretching their tires. I've cut a 1.55 with stock turbo on 305/50/20. You have some work to do.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
someone got their Cheerios pissed in. I love it. Y'all are are a bunch of assholes. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Here is my problem. Just because you dont like the look of his truck doesnt mean you can tell him his rim is too wide for a 305. If you look at the Nittos website you can run a 305/40/22 on a 22x12. They tell you what size rim you can run, an 11 inch would be optimal but 12 will be just fine.

Now I hate the tires sticking out looking like a mexican low rider but his tire will not be "stretched". for all these people running a rim too small for their tire is just as dumb and dangerous as a stretched tire. Wheres all the internet warriors when people are asking about putting 315's on a stock rim? Oh wait theyre okay with that look so its totally acceptable.

Somebody put some factual information (not your opinion) in here or shut the **** up.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
You just did

I apologize for the way I worded that. I meant the guys run the size tire on 14 wides. And that I don't see an issue running mine on 12 wides. That was poor wording in my part and I apologize. Wasn't meaning to start a cat fight with my truck. I like it. I also like the other guys truck with lml wheels. That's his. This is mine. I'm not gonna tear someone a new one just because I don't like something they've done. We are grown freaking men. See something you don't like or a trend you find dumb? Great. But guys tearing into other guys on these forums is EXACTLY why people shy away from them. We come here to get info. 99% of the time at least. Not opinions.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Here is my problem. Just because you dont like the look of his truck doesnt mean you can tell him his rim is too wide for a 305. If you look at the Nittos website you can run a 305/40/22 on a 22x12. They tell you what size rim you can run, an 11 inch would be optimal but 12 will be just fine.

Now I hate the tires sticking out looking like a mexican low rider but his tire will not be "stretched". for all these people running a rim too small for their tire is just as dumb and dangerous as a stretched tire. Wheres all the internet warriors when people are asking about putting 315's on a stock rim? Oh wait theyre okay with that look so its totally acceptable.

Somebody put some factual information (not your opinion) in here or shut the **** up.

Ok there keyboard warrior, I never said they can't do it I just say it looked stupid.

And as far as your 60ft... ****ing good for you I don't give a **** I'm happy with what I'm doing.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I plan on going to a better offset wheel but for now I wanted to see if I could get away with the 420s on what rims I have lol I'm not too worried however I see a different rim setup in the near future :D

Manufacture says it's ok. Doesn't matter what opinions everyone has. You want it. Do it.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Ok there keyboard warrior, I never said they can't do it I just say it looked stupid.

And as far as your 60ft... ****ing good for you I don't give a **** I'm happy with what I'm doing.

Your rim is too small for your tire, that's dangerous BTW